• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Taz's 2015 attempt

So, first round of seeds went into the ground on dec 25th. Went on vacation on New Year's and came home to hooks galore.

First seedlings transplanted. They were started in MG seed starting mix. I had good luck with it this year. The first transplants went into MG organic potting soil. After that, I bought Sun 4-mix with myco from a local hydro store. Amazing stuff. They younger seedlings were WAY larger than the ones in the MG as seen in the pic below.

got one triple coyt

A group shot

Round two of seeds going into the trays

Hooks on the 2nd round

Needed a bigger better space besides my small closet. So into the spare bedroom closet they went after some building

Silly 6 week old plant thinks its time to flower already

Quick group shot after done transplanting round 2.  Going to up pot up the styofoam to solo cups when I find time this week. Ill get a complete grow list up when I find time this week.

I started way too late last season to get much production out of my plants, so I decided to start early this year. Everyone is under 4x 2bulb 4ft T8's with Alto 6400k tubes in them. So far so good. 

I ditched the MG organic for promix. The plants that got moved into promix have double the growth of the ones still in MG organic. 

These have only been transplanted for a week or so but can see a big difference. This is true for all the ones still in MG. They almost appear stunted not to mention all the fungus gnats in the MG

Two left where transplanted into promix two on right still in MG

Just my 0.02  Things look good otherwise. 

D3monic said:
I ditched the MG organic for promix. The plants that got moved into promix have double the growth of the ones still in MG organic. 

These have only been transplanted for a week or so but can see a big difference. This is true for all the ones still in MG. They almost appear stunted not to mention all the fungus gnats in the MG

Two left where transplanted into promix two on right still in MG

Just my 0.02  Things look good otherwise. 

Oh dont worry everything was repotted in good stuff after I noticed the error of my ways. I had the MG already and didn't have the funds for new soil until payday. Lesson learned.

Yea I picked it up for the same reason, I was pissed too because I scored the promix for only a dollar more ($13) than I had got the MG for at Homedepot. 

PICTURE HEAVY!!!

Well life got super busy over the past few months and between 60+ hr work weeks and other commitments, the plants took a back burner in the spare bedroom closet. I wound up with 2 victims of wilting. Not bad out of the 126 I had going.  

Ok on with it.

I bought a harbor freight 10x12 greenhouse late last season and didn't get around to putting it up. So, first nice weekend Reno had I started in on it. The manual calls for just digging a 5 inch deep square hole and setting the frame down it. Im sure that works great expect I live in an area that sees 50+ mph winds on a weekly basis. 
So, the solution was build the frame above ground like so.

Poured a 6 inch x 6 inch conrete border and bolted it to that. 2000 lb. of concrete, that thing aint ever going to move an inch. If it does, my house might have been blown away by then lol.

And a shot of it completed.

I went cheap, used a bunch of cinder block and cedar fencing for benches this year. It will have to suffice until I find racks I want to drop some coin on.

Heres a few of my plants still indoors under T8's with alto 6500k bulbs. I have total of 8 bulbs on 124 plants. Not nearly enough, but I topped any of the leggy ones and held off on any ferts until they started to yellow.

And pics of a few of my favorites before the big move last weekend.

the victims of my topping and thinning experiments. All plants seem way better off after topping. Apparently I didn't screw it up to terribly

my faithlful dog supervising me moving all my plants outdoors

Repotting from solo cups into 2 qt. containers until final plant out when the weather here in Reno decides what the hell it wants to do.

Ran out of nice nursery pots to put them in, so I bought a ton of dollar store planters, drilled holes in  bottom and called it good.
Also scored this sweet plastic covered metal twine, like the stuff you get on a loaf of bread. 246 ft for .99 cents. I bought three of them for 
good measure.

And more pics of the happy plants in the green house.

http://i1372.photobucket.com/albums/ag357/taziknez/Plants%20May2015/IMAG0752_zpsukrqkpsl.jpg

http://i1372.photobucket.com/albums/ag357/taziknez/Plants%20May2015/IMAG0756_zpsvkx4cy48.jpg

http://i1372.photobucket.com/albums/ag357/taziknez/Plants%20May2015/IMAG0760_zpswd85bqgv.jpg

http://i1372.photobucket.com/albums/ag357/taziknez/Plants%20May2015/IMAG0764_zps2hyogbzd.jpg

http://i1372.photobucket.com/albums/ag357/taziknez/Plants%20May2015/IMAG0769_zpsw4iw5ilx.jpg

as a side note, I didnt harden off my plants due to amount of effort to move 124 plants in and out of the house. I do have SOME sun burn on SOME
plants, but they are troopers and will recover. The green house provides a bit of sun shade due to the double wall plastic. I have a fan on them 24 hours a day, and i small space heater keeps them at 50 degrees at night. Still been down into the 30's this week here. Also scored a ton of dry bamboo stakes at the .99 cents store on a recent trip. about 3 feet long, 5 pieces for .99 cents. Ive been cutting them in half and staking any of the weaker or top heavy guys until they gain some better legs to hold themselves up. Ferts have been Elanor's vf11 from home depot, and the plants seem to love it, so Im not switching until I see a need to. I have terrible heavy clay soil here in Nevada. Ive shredded and tilled in 3 bales of straw so far this year. I also recently found a place here in town that sells compost that locally made from waste diverted from the landfill for 25 bucks a yard. Ill be picking up 2 or 3 yards of that this weekend and the soil prep shall be complete. Still searching for a source of a massive amount of wood chips locally, and Im placing a order tonight for two pounds of worms to try my hand at worm farming. Worms apparently LOVE horse manure, and I think Im in luck. My sister has 4 of those damn hay burners a mile away, and literally every other neighbor around me has ATLEAST two if not more. Im already thinking towards if the worms work out, of how to expand that venture into a large amount of compost for the garden next year. This weekend I actually get days off, ill get the corn on a few other veggies in the ground, as well as lay out the massive amount of drip line I bought this week. I refuse to hand water after doing so all of last year.

Back