• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

TBF 2021-Infinity GLOG

Howdy, how you all been? This thread is going to be the permanent one where all is posted instead of jumping all over the forum. The inside plants are still alive and kicking. Have the 2021 grow seeds ready to be started probably at the end of this month.
Here's the list:
lemon drop
goronong                    7 pot madballz           naglah beast
little bastard                primotalii
kaos                            jalapeno chernobyl
ramirez stinger            hurt berry
aji charapita                moruglah
7 pot douglah              wrecking ball X 7 pot brown

9o4vozW.jpg

IPe6nkg.jpg

Dropped the seeds into some soil yesterday, sitting on a heat mat @ 82F w/dome. The ghostly jalapeno has 3 blooms on it. Have small fan blowing on it to help pollinate.

7QKASjc.jpg

Couldn't pass up this tshirt, let freedom ring! Which reminds me, all last year when I was buying garden supplies online every single package was tampered with by either USPS, UPS, or Fedex. The late part of last year to current been ordering 2A items online and guess what not one package was tampered with.Makes one think.

OjVYRy2.jpg

SineNomine said:

The number looks good.
They look a bit elongated. Do they have enough light?

If you look at post #6 that is the led light in use. For some reason I seem to get some leggy plants. I solve the problem by up rooting them and almost bend them in half to where the first leaves are about 1/4"-1/2" above the soil. Have plenty of time for the plants to grow before going outside.

TattooedBullfrog said:
If you look at post #6 that is the led light in use. For some reason I seem to get some leggy plants. I solve the problem by up rooting them and almost bend them in half to where the first leaves are about 1/4"-1/2" above the soil. Have plenty of time for the plants to grow before going outside.

This works for tomatoes.
I knew that peppers do not form adventitious roots. It can be even worse for the stem to reach the humid environment without aeration.
But if you've done this before and it was good, go ahead.

Have twin Jalapeno Chernobyl plants (right plant). I remember a few years back having twin ghost plants along with two peppers one stem, very heavy producing plant. Hopefully the JC plant will be the same. Must be in the water. :P
5KR5hmC.jpg

Update on the flytraps, I need to transplant them sometime. Just haven't found the right container yet.

io208SG.jpg

The Molon Labe flag I tried to put up today, but the telescoping pole is still frozen.

mkB7IAk.jpg

Too bad that phrase has been contorted by the
gun lobby and advocates to mean something
different than the original meaning. It was said
in defense of democracy, not against it.

Sorry, I just don't get the whole gun craziness thing.
Only ostriches could believe that unfettered access
to all types of weaponry is a good thing.

PaulG said:
Too bad that phrase has been contorted by the
gun lobby and advocates to mean something
different than the original meaning. It was said
in defense of democracy, not against it.

Sorry, I just don't get the whole gun craziness thing.
Only ostriches could believe that unfettered access
to all types of weaponry is a good thing.

From Wikipedia:
Molon labe (Ancient Greekμολὼν λαβέromanizedmolṑn labé), meaning 'come and take [them]', is a classical expression of defiance. It is among the  Laconic phrases reported by  Plutarch,[1] attributed to King Leonidas I in reply to the demand by Xerxes I that the Spartans surrender their weapons. The exchange between Leonidas and Xerxes occurs in writing, on the eve of the Battle of Thermopylae (480 BC)."

Yes, I understand that, but they were not
trying to overthrow their own government,
but defend it's democracy against an invad-
ing horde.

It's an awesome expression of bravery, not
insurrection and bravado, and not driven by
conspiracy theories.

I'm not against owning guns. I grew up in a
farming, ranching, logging community in the
1950's, so I know the drill. Hunting was big
time, we had shotguns. It's just these crazy
people who want to use those weapons to
terrorize their own fellow citizens and represen-
tatives in the government because they think
differently than them. Really? Pretty narrow
point of view.

It's a holdover from 18th

I typed a whole paragraph, but it got swallowed
up somewhere. I don't want to write it again. I just
think this many firearms floating around are a threat.

SineNomine said:

This works for tomatoes.
I knew that peppers do not form adventitious roots. It can be even worse for the stem to reach the humid environment without aeration.
But if you've done this before and it was good, go ahead.
It works if the stem is still tender, or actually has
root nodules. When transplanting seedlings, I try
to plant right up to the cotyledons. Once lignified, 
you have to be careful.

Flytraps are looking happy and hungry TBF!  I wouldn't have expected them to have stayed so close to the ground with as much growth as they're showing.  Is there a reason for that or is it just typical?

My experience with adventitious roots has been that been that some pepper varieties form them very readily while others don't, and as Paul says, earlier is better, both from the standpoint of root formation and avoidance of health issues.

Back