• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

TBF 2021-Infinity GLOG

Howdy, how you all been? This thread is going to be the permanent one where all is posted instead of jumping all over the forum. The inside plants are still alive and kicking. Have the 2021 grow seeds ready to be started probably at the end of this month.
Here's the list:
lemon drop
goronong                    7 pot madballz           naglah beast
little bastard                primotalii
kaos                            jalapeno chernobyl
ramirez stinger            hurt berry
aji charapita                moruglah
7 pot douglah              wrecking ball X 7 pot brown

9o4vozW.jpg

IPe6nkg.jpg

CaneDog said:
Flytraps are looking happy and hungry TBF!  I wouldn't have expected them to have stayed so close to the ground with as much growth as they're showing.  Is there a reason for that or is it just typical?

My experience with adventitious roots has been that been that some pepper varieties form them very readily while others don't, and as Paul says, earlier is better, both from the standpoint of root formation and avoidance of health issues.

Interesting now that you mention it... In my (limited) experience, Monkey Face Yellow strongly exhibited this behaviour: adventitious roots on the nodules all over the main stem. Many (but not most) of my plants formed them, but mostly near the surface.

I do the same as PaulG: upon transplanting, dig them in up to the cotyledons. The formation of adventitious roots is slower than with tomatoes (in my subjective experience, that is). Whether or not they are actually formed is one thing, but theoretically it should be possible. Otherwise it wouldn't be possible to grow pepper plants from cuttings. At least, such is my empirical deduction :D

ahayastani said:

Interesting now that you mention it... In my (limited) experience, Monkey Face Yellow strongly exhibited this behaviour: adventitious roots on the nodules all over the main stem. Many (but not most) of my plants formed them, but mostly near the surface.

I do the same as PaulG: upon transplanting, dig them in up to the cotyledons. The formation of adventitious roots is slower than with tomatoes (in my subjective experience, that is). Whether or not they are actually formed is one thing, but theoretically it should be possible. Otherwise it wouldn't be possible to grow pepper plants from cuttings. At least, such is my empirical deduction :D
My experience, as well, Dieter.

I think your deduction makes sense.

Your plants look great, TBF! 

Thirty-six very nice looking starts, Jeremy.
Good luck getting them out into the open air
and streaking for the sun!

End of season haul, apologize for not posting much try been busy working and with whats been going on in the stupid ass world. Hope everyone stays safe, head on a swivel, and most important look out for each other. We the People got this!! BTW I really like the new look of THP, good work.
20211010_142021.jpg

Last edited:
Back