• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking TB's Salmon In Action

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
NYC Style Breakfast!!!!

Attachments

• tbs_salmon.jpg
    tbs_salmon.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 86
Cool. This is sent from TB, to clarify.

And an egg? Nooo this is salmon and cream cheese on an onion bagel.

thehotpepper.com said:
Cool. This is sent from TB, to clarify.

And an egg? Nooo this is salmon and cream cheese on an onion bagel.

Those two ingredients go SO well together!

and BTW....LOVE the new signature quote! :rofl:

Haysoos Christo on a crutch! That looks killer! Looks like more than cream cheese in the schmeer. No? Tasting notes? I left most of the spicy bits, i.e. ginger on the fish before smoking. How did it go over?

Just regular cream cheese, and a toasted onion bagel.

Flavors are good. Nice sweet Asian teriyaki flavor, well balanced, not too salty. Just riggggggght.

that looks great! & TB smoked it so it HAS to be killer!!!
I've always ate the smoked salmon as is, never thought about using it in a sandwich, gonna have to try the sandwich thing someday.
as much as I love jerky, smoked salmon tops jerky!!!

TB, I prefer it with the skin off. Does smoking it with the skin add flavor? It's too rubbery, I've had salmon skin sushi but it's crispy.

So yeah it rocks, but I take the skin off.

I left the skin on to keep the salmon moist while smoking. When making jerky style I take it off unless I am cutting thin belly strips for jerky. I prefer the style I sent over the jerky but I still have a yen for it now and then. Most folks, about 90%, prefer the style you got.

On another note, the skin fried crispy is best right out of the river! It's fantastic!

Cool man I'm glad I'm eating it right. I thought you might say I should eat the skin. Yeah I dig the crispy skin. If you eat sushi try a salmon skin roll.

thehotpepper.com said:
Cool man I'm glad I'm eating it right. I thought you might say I should eat the skin. Yeah I dig the crispy skin. If you eat sushi try a salmon skin roll.

Glad you're enjoying it. HAH! I wouldn't do that to a brother and suggest that one eat that lame-o limp skin. One thing I do with the salmon is put it on a warm flour tortilla with melted cream cheese, green onion and hoisin sauce. If I could eat only 5 things, that would be one of them!

texas blues said:
Glad you're enjoying it. HAH! I wouldn't do that to a brother and suggest that one eat that lame-o limp skin. One thing I do with the salmon is put it on a warm flour tortilla with melted cream cheese, green onion and hoisin sauce. If I could eat only 5 things, that would be one of them!

Gonna have to try that. I happen to have a little left...:onfire:

Back