• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

TC's 2016 Pepper Patch

I am going to try and do a Glog this year.  This is my initial grow list and I am sure it will change once I see what seeds are left from the Chris Phillips auction.

Aji Jobito -- Lindberg
Aji Llaneron -- Lindberg
Aji Margariteno -- Lindberg
Aji Pepon -- Lindberg
Aji Rosita Red -- Lindberg
Aji Risito Yellow -- Lindberg
Bahamian Goat -- Jamison
Billy Biker Jalapeño -- Burpee
Brown BBG7 --Romy6
Caramel Brainstrain --Romy6
Chocolate Habanero -- Juanitos
Cumra Cherry -- Pepperlover
Friarello Di Napoli -- TC saved seeds
Guajillo -- Unknown
Hot Rod Serrano X CBBG7 -- FreeportBum
Jimmy Nardello -- TC saved seeds
Marconi -- TC saved seeds
MOA Scotch Bonnets -- TC saved seeds
Mystery Citrus -- GrantMichaels
Mystery Wine -- Joyner
Numex Big Jim -- Fiogga
Onza -- Chili Pepper Institute
Orange 7-Pot -- Buckeye
Pasilla Bajio -- Unknown
Red Rocoto Lima Market #1 -- FreeportBum
Rocapica -- FreeportBum
Rocoto PI 355812 -- FreeportBum
Rocoto PI 585273 -- FreeportBum
Rocoto San Isidro -- FreeportBum
Yellow Manzano -- FreeportBum
Yellow SBJ7 -- Romy6
Yellow Tepin -- Unknown

I plan to have roughly 45-50 plants.  So I may have some doubles in there and I will be adding some more varieties.  

Baha Goat x Butch T Yellow -- D3monic
Lemon Drop x Inca Berry -- D3monic

tctenten said:
I will keep the updates coming. What kind of light do you keep your rocoto/manzano under? The ones I have under T5's do not seem to be as strong/vibrant as the ones under T8's. I have them all under the T8's now. I was wondering if the added heat that th T5's put out was effecting them.
If you have them under t5 make sure the light isn't to close. I have all my pubes under led at the furthest from the light I can get them. So far they seem to be enjoying themselves. Cheers

7 -Pot Orange   1      Aji Blanco Crystal   1       Aji Habanero   1      Aji Jobito   2       Aji Limon   1     Aji Margariteno   2 Aji Rosita Red   1      Baha Goat   2                 Baha Goat x Butch T Yellow   1        Brown BBG   2                     Caramel Brainstrain   1       Chocolate Hab   1        Cumra Cherry   2      Friarello di Napoli   2        Goatsweed   1 Guajillo   1       Hot Rod Serrano x BBG7   1       Jalapeno Yellow   2         Jimmy Nardello   1        Lemon Drop   1 Lemon Drop Selection   2       Lemon Drop x Inca Berry   3           Locato PI 387838   1          Mystery Citrus   2 Mystery Wine    3         Numex Hatch Red   1         Orange Thai   1          Pasilla Bajio   1      Red Rocoto Lima Mkt   1 Rocopica   1      Rocoto PI 355812   1          Rocoto San Isidro   1         Scotch Bonnet MOA   3                             Scotch Bonnet P Dreadie   2       Shishito   1         Yellow Manzano   1

This is a current list of what I have germinated.  I sowed another round of seeds this past weekend to fill in a few varieties.  Some of these will probably not make the cut, but I am going to try to find a spot for them all.  

Terry,

Not sure how many more you are going to start or even have room for, but I have a bunch of extras if you need any.  According to Google Maps, you are only an hour or so away.  Driving down there is no problem at all...  Just a thought...

bpiela said:
Terry,

Not sure how many more you are going to start or even have room for, but I have a bunch of extras if you need any.  According to Google Maps, you are only an hour or so away.  Driving down there is no problem at all...  Just a thought...

Thanks…but I am going to be in the same camp.  I will probably wind up having to discard some plants.  Thank you for the offer.   What Lindberg varieties were you able to germinate?

tctenten said:

Thanks…but I am going to be in the same camp.  I will probably wind up having to discard some plants.  Thank you for the offer.   What Lindberg varieties were you able to germinate?
No problems!  I was only able to germinate 1 Aji Jobito, 1 Aji Margariteno and 2 Aji Rosita Rojos.  I would have liked to have germinated a couple more of each variety but this is fine.

Super awesome grow so far, very excited to see how the serrano cross pan's out. If it ends up being pretty prolific I might be interested in seeds for next season :P

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Not much going on. Germination was pretty good for most varieties. Here is a group shot. Last year I was able to plant outside on the first weekend of May. Hopefully the weather will allow it again, otherwise I will wait till mid May. I picked up 4 more bales of Promix and over the next few weeks I will be filling up some new root pouches and amending last years.

tctenten said:
attachicon.gif
image.jpeg

attachicon.gif
image.jpeg

Not much going on. Germination was pretty good for most varieties. Here is a group shot. Last year I was able to plant outside on the first weekend of May. Hopefully the weather will allow it again, otherwise I will wait till mid May. I picked up 4 more bales of Promix and over the next few weeks I will be filling up some new root pouches and amending last years.

got to love them purple flowers!

Hi Terry
I just got done looking over your glog everything is looking great loving the Aji's
I am behind myself after an initial early start with good germination .
I hit germination turbulence after that back on track but behind.
Your plants are looking great looks like your set for a stellar year!

Great work Terry, you're way ahead of me, and I have my tiny gals in the dirt...I give them less than 50% to produce before heat comes. But then I have the fall to bank on, if I'm inclined to water them every few days. I've done it before and will have to most likely if I want fresh seeds for next year.

Keep doing what you're doing!

Back