Teaching what heat, is really about

Went to taco bell today for a quick snack.  Got into a discussion with the manager about what HOT STUFF really is and returned a little later with some powder.
I just love watching people discover for the first time, what true heat is. I will be returning later in the season with some fresh pods for end of shift adventurers.

i have a guy at work that got one of my supers. This guy is does not have capsaicin receptors(like a bug) so he can eat any pepper in the world and not be in pain but gets the indorphin rush. He tried one of cappys cbs and did not blink. Another worked tried the little that was left and found out that the cbs is no joke for 20 minutes. Dude just laughed. Wish there was a pepper that would burn him up.

I have wondered what it would be like to be able to eat peppers like that and not get scortched. I think now, that people like that have the disadvantage. Getting the burn is half of why we eat them.

I took some to work for adding to various meals I eat .....  Managed to get a few colleagues to have a taste.. tiniest amount, match head size sample, one guy was like "That's pretty reasonable" I said " Ok then, try a half a teaspoon, I have that much on just about everything " a few seconds after eating it he had snot dribbling out of his nose and began breathing really harshly for some reason ??? lol

KrakenPeppers said:
" a few seconds after eating it he had snot dribbling out of his nose and began breathing really harshly for some reason ??? lol
Sorry, but the image of that just got me laughing.
That is so me. I love eating them but there is no denying they made me a blubbering mess!
Hello, my name is Bryant & I have a problem...

I have lots of stories like this. I carry my Primo powder with me to restaurants 4 times a week (my favorite, tastes way better than reaper powder), and when I go to barbeque, the smoked ghost powder, which really isn't all that hot but is perfect on baked beans. Anyone make any powder out of these chocolate brain strains? Unbelievably great tasting chocolate powder! We tried it last night at hot pepper night along with comparing a fresh one with a bhutlah. Good times, got a couple of new people to try them out too. You know how much fun that always is! :-)

I am dehydrating most of my box of chocolate brains... can't wait to try the powder made from them. Primo powder is my favorite red... my favorite brown powder so far is a mix of Judy's bhutlah and brown moruga. Wes's naga x congo also made a great brown powder.

How did that chocolate brain compare to the bhutlah?

cycadjungle said:
I have lots of stories like this. I carry my Primo powder with me to restaurants 4 times a week (my favorite, tastes way better than reaper powder), and when I go to barbeque, the smoked ghost powder, which really isn't all that hot but is perfect on baked beans. Anyone make any powder out of these chocolate brain strains? Unbelievably great tasting chocolate powder! We tried it last night at hot pepper night along with comparing a fresh one with a bhutlah. Good times, got a couple of new people to try them out too. You know how much fun that always is! :-)

To be honest, once you tried the brain first, the bhutlah tasted a little grainy and slightly bitter tasting in comparison. The heat hits you differently. The brain has about 30 seconds delay, so you can get a good taste of it before the burn hits you. To me, they taste better than any of the chocolate scorpion varieties. Maybe only a douglah tastes better. I don't have any fresh ones to try right now, so it looks like it will be months before we do that taste comparison, but it will happen.

CAPCOM said:
I have wondered what it would be like to be able to eat peppers like that and not get scortched. I think now, that people like that have the disadvantage. Getting the burn is half of why we eat them.
just think of going to a pepper eating contest with no burn. Win everytime.

96strat said:
i have a guy at work that got one of my supers. This guy is does not have capsaicin receptors(like a bug) so he can eat any pepper in the world and not be in pain but gets the indorphin rush. He tried one of cappys cbs and did not blink. Another worked tried the little that was left and found out that the cbs is no joke for 20 minutes. Dude just laughed. Wish there was a pepper that would burn him up.
gonna have to create one bro !    :onfire:

96strat said:
just think of going to a pepper eating contest with no burn. Win everytime.
Yeah, but still can't help feeling your being cheated by not enjoying the burn. Would you be satisfied eating just sweet peppers from now on? Kinda the same thing under the circumstance.

Back