• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Tell me it's not!!!

I mentionned previously the leaf problems I have on my Trinidad Perfume plants. I've been ignoring the problem for far too long and there has been a thought in the back of my mind that it has TMV or a similar virus. I have now removed the plants along with anything else that looks even remotely suspicious. Have a look at the pics and see what you think, I cant find a good picture of TMV on peppers to compare it to so im kind of assuming the worst. Hopefully you'll disagree, what do you make of this?
chillipics22ndFeb09001.jpg

chillipics22ndFeb09002.jpg

This seems slightly different but doesn't look good
chillipics22ndFeb09016.jpg

chillipics22ndFeb09017.jpg

Tell me it's not game over, I was doing so well

done a very close inspection for insects and couldnt find anything, I know there is some kind of beetle in the growroom that has a nibble on the occaisional leaf but nothing specifically on these plants. The undersides of the leaves are hard to explain without an image (I will take a pic soon) When I hold it up to a light and look at the underside they look kind of transparent and I can see the markings through the leaf.
HELP, should I just get rid of them completely and hope for the best:(

Do you smoke? I'm trying to figure out how they would have gotten it inside.

According to the pictures in Pepper Diseases: A Field Guide, it could be one of the mosaic viruses. Although I still wonder about spider mites a little bit.

I do smoke, but never anywhere near my growroom. I also wash my hands thoroughly before touch my plants.
Thats what led me to believe for so long that it wasn't TMV but as the 2 most affected plants are of the same variety I thought the seeds could have been previously contaminated with the virus.

Yes it can be transmitted by touching tobacco or cigarettes.
I wasn't careful at all last year and I had no problems, It's typical really, just my luck.

Yep. I agree with Pam - looking kinda viral, at least the top photos. The bottom two photos look almost like a chem/fert burn - is that a possibility?

Agree with Pam again, what does the underside of the leaf look like? What about the trunk of the plant - anything strange there?

The stem looks fairly healthy, as do the lower leaves and buds. It's just occuring on the new growth over the past month or so.
I'll take a pic tomorrow to show the undersides of leaves.

Back