• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Temporary Grow Tank

I had an idea tonight while in my basement watching the technicion fixing my furnace..I have a 42 gallon aquaruim I havnt used since I put floating floors..(I seen my canaster filter blow up on carpet and its not a nice site shure to destroy the floating floor if it ever happened again)..Back to the subject at hand..42 gallon tank lined inside with tinfoil or something else im still looking for a heatpad though
another edited link...heres my tank

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee292/_Canuk_Pepperhead/Picture002-3.jpg
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee292/_Canuk_Pepperhead/Picture001-1.jpg

I am not sure i am following this. What are you going to use the tank for? Are you putting seed trays in to germinate or are you going to put seedlings in after they germinate/

Dale

I will be putting germinated plants in it for now with 2 sets of flourescents on top..My nagas have outgrown the little peatpod greenhouse so its time to move and my room isnt up yet..I will try seeds in there later..

Damn Canuck! Not to "1 up" you, but I have a 70 gallon tank in storage!

I used to have an alligator snapping turtle. Hands down the coolest thing you can put in an aquarium!

Good idea really. I like Lucky's take, but there isn't enough height I don't think.

I want it to be contained.

Would a tank encourage mold?

I tried growing in 1 years ago and put a small heater fan in on low. 4 hours later everything was medium well done. I have never looked back, but canuck is making me think!

OK, got you now. I do not want to sound negative but why are you going to contain the plants in a aquarium don't they need fresh air and some wind they do not need that much humidity. it seems like you would use the tank for a terrarium but not growing peppers. Am i still missing something. I also have a very large aquarium but i do not see any benefit to sticking my peppers in it. If there is I will certainly be converting it over.

Dale

I just read over the posts again, I think I get it now you guys doing this hydro stuff aint cha.

Well here is what I have so far and lol no im not doing hydro or will it be sealed tite so theres no fresh air
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee292/_Canuk_Pepperhead/Picture-1.jpg
im still trying to figure a few things out tonight so its ready..my one naga is against the roof of the peat pod dome..Im just trying to be simple..Have enough light with some heat...The way im setting it up would be in a sence no different than someone growing them in a cubbord(lolQuebec Fire) just using an old tank instead

thepodpiper said:
OK, got you now. I do not want to sound negative but why are you going to contain the plants in a aquarium don't they need fresh air and some wind they do not need that much humidity. it seems like you would use the tank for a terrarium but not growing peppers. Am i still missing something. I also have a very large aquarium but i do not see any benefit to sticking my peppers in it. If there is I will certainly be converting it over.

Dale

I just read over the posts again, I think I get it now you guys doing this hydro stuff aint cha.

They will float on the top using a air attachment i.e. bubbler, will keep the water from going bad check the link I posted

Hey I got a lil 20 gallon tank going with some peter peppers crossed with hanoi reds and its working fine so far. I want to add some foil but the seeds are just coming up the last two days. Also my naga poked thru today in my egg incubator but only have two up hoping for more. But give it a shot Canuk

Mine is huge. Of course someone has a bigger one, but I don't know them.

But is a big tank critical or even helpful? It seems like you only need a catch basin.

Back