spirits Tequila is now my friend!!!!!!!!!!

I just had to stop by here to see who resurrected a small post from 2010.....

D2S....REALLY?!?!???

[sub]whatevah! [/sub]

carry on....

I like the Day of the Dead label. Sweet.

Anyone ever had this one before? It's not bad.

P8131101.jpg

Had this the other week at my brothers bday, didnt last too long

I like tequila, but tequila doesn't always like me.

I recently was fortunate enough to participate in a "Don Julio Anniversary 5-course Dinner & Tasting" event.

It was at a really good upscale Mexican restaurant in Pleasanton, CA - they had bottomless rocks margaritas (made with the bottom shelf Don Julio, which is still very good). They also had bottomless Sangrita - the traditional chaser for Tequila, that's like a virgin bloody Mary, but more peppery. Really delicious.

With every course, the Don Julio premiums came out, each better than the next, culminating in the DJ 1942
http://www.tequila.net/tequila-reviews/anejos/don-julio-1942-tequila-anejo.html

tn_14_don-julio-1942-anejo-2_1303965747.jpg

The 1st course was an appetizer combo of wood-fired black-bean, artichoke, bell pepper pizzas. Yum.

A nice tequila (blanco I think) and some sangrita, and on to the next course.

Then we had oysters Rockefeller - so so so good. The Don Julio tequila girl gave us all the speech and next round. Yum.

Next up was a gazpacho, which I'm normally not a huge fan of - it was mango/onion and quite sweet. But sipping sangrita between bites of soup made it like heaven. I wanted to pour the sangrita into the gezpacho, but it seemed low class.

After that was a braised short ribs with a really high quality DJ's and more sangrita.

That was followed by a tequila ice cream served in a chocolate cup on a plate slathered in a semi-creamy flan-line pudding. Not quite flan, but tasted similar. Really amazing - and with the 1942 as our "desert tequila" it was spectacular.

Needless to say I was fuuuuuuuuuuuucked up after that meal.

Fun event - I believe they're still touring the country doing this at restaurants as a Don Julio anniversary promotion. If you hear about it coming to your neck of the woods I HIGHLY recommend it. If I recall it was like $60 and we drank $150 in tequila, about 7 margaritas and ate like kings.
:cheers:

I believe we had a shot of each of the tequilas on this list.

http://www.maxim.com/booze/drink-with-don-julio-tequila

They served the "real" with the pork ribs and the 1942 with desert.

Two days ago I bought a bottle of Cazadores (blanco) and its now empty. I don't know what the heck took me so long!

Gladly my friend!!!

This stuff is to die for.......I emptied about an inch from the bottle last night....
icon_mrgreen.gif
Moyboy, all I can say is I Love Tequila! Welcome aboard my friend.

You guys rock... Tequila is my bevie of choice so long as it's GOOD !!!
Just killed this fella... up next is the 1942 !!!!!
1.jpg

I don't drink it very often but when I do I like this one:

3076.jpg

My friend just brought a CASE back from Mexico where he bought it at the tequilaria!
2.jpg

here is the last bottle of tequila i drank, not the best nor high dollar, but was so great

photo-11-1.jpg

made some great bloody marias, infused with orange habs and red fresno peppers

For those near the SF Bay Area/East Bay, the Blue Agave Club is having another Tequila tasting/parining dinner at the end of this month. they're in Pleasanton, CA - for info check here: http://www.blueagaveclub.com/

The setting is beautiful, the event spectacular. You'll be dining outside in the back area at large tables - if you're in a group of 2-3-4 you'll be seated with other fun-loving folks at 10 person tables. It's a great way to make new friends and enjoy a festive evening. I can't recommend this event enough - you can see my description of the last one on the previous page.

BAC%20Banner.jpg

Call them for info, but if you like tequila and you enjoy delicious foods, you MUST attend this. I am in no way affiliated with them - I just went to the last one and highly recommend it.

The food is great, the tequila is awesome and it's even educational as the company rep will teach you about every kind of tequila you're drinking and talk about the history.

Even if you're a few hours' drive I'd suggest making this a high-point of your weekend. Book a room in downtown Pleasanton, walk over to dinner, get trashed and fed and walk back. Old town Pleasanton is really nice - trees, shade, old timey feel to it but full of modern conveniences. If I lived in Santa Rosa or LA I'd absolutely make a weekend of it.

Highly highly recommended. :cheers:

ps - Nate - you're really close! You should look into this. If you have a wife/friends/buddies it's a must-go event. If I recall it's about $100/head, but if you consider you're getting a 4-5 course meal + appetizers, AND you're getting 5 shots of superpremium tequila AND bottomless margaritas? Yeah - pretty good deal!

Ps - I just checked their site and it looks like this one is a Jose Cuervo event, so while not as fancy for the tequila I still recommend attending.
:cheers:

Back