• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Terraflexsystems

I just witnessed what this system does and it is absolutely amazing. Farmer Guy invited me to see his pepper garden - hundreds of perfectly healthy plants (mostly superhots) overloaded with fruit IN PENNSYLVANIA! It seems he is putting that Chemical Engineering degree to good use. Im still in shock. Information about the system and the nutrients Zach manufactures isavailable online. Web address is www.terraflexsystems.com. Keep up the goid work Zach.

I too have seen it in action and the mind was blown. In about a half hour Sethsquatch and I are on our way up there to help harvest and have Seth's mind blown with the knowledge on that awesomeness.

Just got back a few hours ago. Feel free to PM him and ask. FarmerGuy is his user name and Zach is his proper name. He is a great guy.

I can't believe the gaden is now down. Many, many thanks to Sethsquatch and Justaguy! Can't wait for 2013

The system I use is not really mass production and is 99% organic - the only non-organic component in the nutrients are chelated micronutrients at sub-percent proportions (like FeEDTA and BEDTA so it stays in solution at a wide range of pH and temps). Everything else is mined chilean nitrate, mined micronized potash and other from-the-earth items like kelp extracts. I am REALLY particular about what goes into my plants (not just peppers) since I'm eating it. This year I only sprayed neem twice early on and my "bait plants" took care of the rest of the pests. The tubes contain only long strand peat, long strand coir, two grades of perlite, and particular grade of lime for calcium and magnesium which I don't like to use in my concentrated nute premix since it is hard to keep in solution with one stock tank.

I guess one could really scale things up with more labor. Next year I'm doubling the size of the superhot garden and growing a bunch more other food as well since I'm moving up to Maine in about a week and going "full hippy" (off grid, living off the land to a greater extent, etc.). I'll have a loooooooong winter to think about how I'll go about doing it.

Thanks everyone!
Zach

Back