• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Texas Creek (Pure Evil 9.6)

[SIZE=10.5pt]First off, I’d like to say Thank You to Ann for being such an awesome contributor to this community.  She’s always been very friendly in our communications and is a great sport when it comes to my “silliness” with hot stuff.  THANKS![/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Placed an order to Texas Creek for some PE 9.6.  Order was place on Friday and my product was waiting for me Wednesday when I got home from work.  I eagerly tore into the package and found a very nice storage tin.  Inside the tin was some paperwork about being responsible with the product (blah blah...) and a cool little refrigerator magnet.  After getting past the filler, I found a beautiful little vial of golden fire (in liquid form of course).  I quickly grabbed the closest food item I could get my hands on (which just happened to be some pumpkin bread that was on the counter in front of me).  I place a single drop on a bite sized piece of the bread and got ready for the ride.  When I first chewed up the bread I didn't notice any change in flavor, and I didn't pick up any heat (at first).  About 5 or 10 seconds after swallowing the bread bite, the heat started coming on very slowly.  I felt what seemed to be about 500k SHU, but it kept building very slowly.  After about 2 or 3 minutes it had reached (what I would say was) about 1.5mil or so?  It seemed to peak there and then slowly start to fade.  The total ride was about 5 or 6 min.  All this from “1” drop.  I plan to give this stuff a bit more of a proper test this weekend and I’ll post my results.  (I’ll be sure and have the camera rolling)  I just wanted to post up my experience.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Packaging:  10/10  (very nice label and the storage tin and extra goodies is nice)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]Flavor:          Not sure how to rate that since it doesn't seem to have any flavor[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]Heat:             This was also hard for me to rate since I just had the 1 drop with some food.  I'm sure it can get insanely hot, and I'll elaborate on this more after further "testing".  :)[/SIZE]

Overall:  I really love this product.  I'm not a fan of most pepper flavor, so this allows me to get the heat that I love without changing the flavor of my favorite foods.  AWESOME STUFF!

1907347_795875167097862_8408467452917998983_n.jpg

[SIZE=10.5pt]Here it is with the bite of pumpkin bread[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]
10435940_795903000428412_4921003856868871730_n.jpg
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]And here it is with his bigger (less brutal) brother[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]
10257285_795902903761755_8902044283595303537_n.jpg
[/SIZE]

or be even more EXTREME and show you are a BEAST!! Pop a couple drops on the tongue and say fuck it and pop a couple in each eyeball!!

Thanks, Caveman-

The sugar in the pumkin bread will cut the heat a bit.  We've noticed a big difference when mixing PE with catsup and with soy sauce for sampling at festivals.  5 drops in a bottle of catsup gives a heat of about 3, 5 drops in the soy sauce seemed like a heat of 5.  

TB-  funny you should mention that.....:rofl:

salsalady said:
Thanks, Caveman-

The sugar in the pumkin bread will cut the heat a bit.  We've noticed a big difference when mixing PE with catsup and with soy sauce for sampling at festivals.  5 drops in a bottle of catsup gives a heat of about 3, 5 drops in the soy sauce seemed like a heat of 5.  

TB-  funny you should mention that..... :rofl:
I have now saved that for my ring tone on phone

dash 2 said:

BWAAAHHAHAHAHAHA! That's totally the voice I hear in my head whenever I read one of Scovie's posts!

I rather compare Scovie to this guy with the bottle....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4ZKMmjIOi4

Side note.....that was one of the test batches that Scovie got into, not even the current 1.5 original let alone the 9.6! 
I gotta give Scovie and CJ major props, they've been victim VOLUNTEER taste testers for everything since day one of our hot sauce adventures.  Some Hits, some, misses, they take it all in stride.  :) 

Caveman, try this....and this....if you think you can handle it~  :)  

Don't mind me I'm just stirring the pot~~~  :lol:

Back