• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Thai Dragon pepper

This is my first time growing the Thai Dragon and it's getting tall. I took the seeds from a pepper a guy gave me across the street.
Are they always this tall? The Thai Dragon is on the right and a Jalapeno is on the left.

They have received nothing but water until today when I gave them 15ml of Grow Big in 3 gallons of water.

2012_0519GardenPics0008.jpg

If they are similar to Thai birdseed pepper, then yes they are tall. I have one that is 4 foot tall already.

Thanks guys. The only one I am familiar with Rodney is the Thai Sun that I grew the last two years but they are short and bushy.

This Thai Dragon is arguably the hottest pepper outside of the Chinense family that I have ever had. :fireball:

Does anyone know the difference between this pepper and the Vietnam spice peppers?

I think they are all varietals of the cyannes but is there any other ideas?

Wow those look great guys, I meant to put one of those on the grow list this year but I forgot....I love Thai Spicy! Seems Real Thai Spicy is hard to find nowadays in Restaurants..
Thanx for the Post
Be Well..

I grew those last year and, yes they get very tall. With them being in pots you might want to support the stems or grow them next to a fence. I had a terrible time keeping them from falling over so I set them next to my fence for support. Nice plants by the way. They are VERY tasty pepper!

They look very similar to the Thai Demon F1 I grew last year. They grew to about 5-6 feet tall and very productive. They were extremely hot for a frutescens and had good flavor, I liked them a lot.

Thanks everyone. I will have to look into staking it soon I think. ;)

I am not sure this is a "Thai Dragon" but the pepper I got it from looked just like one that a guy I work with bought and said it was the Thai Dragon pepper.

Back