• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Thai pepper differences

Hello all I hope i am putting this in the correct forum.
So the first picture below is the Red Thai pepper from seeds that i ordered from Tradewinds.  This particular one is fairly young and perhaps wasn't the healthiest seedling I have but it is doing okay.

The second picture is a Thai Hot pepper seedling that i saw and decided to get from Home Depot the other day so i could compare the peppers from it and the thai peppers I am already growing from seed.

I have a couple of questions about this, does anyone know the difference between these two.  The one from HD says ornamental, but best i can tell from searching the interwebs they are still hot and edible.  The other question i have it seems the leaves of the two look pretty different and the store bought one has a lot more leaves.  Maybe that is what is throwing me off because of the number of leaves and it is just a healthier plant.  Any thoughts?

I tried to just post the link to the picture but it kept saying this format is not supported on this community, so sorry for the full pics on here.

20140419_235359_zpse8yyyg41.jpg

20140419_235150_zpsbsjshs2m.jpg

parker49 said:
That's a cool plant.  Do you know where i could find some seeds for that for next year?

I have 8 seeds left from 10 of the trade I acquired them in,  I planted two and they both germinated.   I can share some seeds, but as I said I have never grown so going on her word alone.  

If you want some seeds I'll share 4 with you if USA address.  Shoot me a PM with details, cheers. 

Buzzman19 said:

I have 8 seeds left from 10 of the trade I acquired them in,  I planted two and they both germinated.   I can share some seeds, but as I said I have never grown so going on her word alone.  

If you want some seeds I'll share 4 with you if USA address.  Shoot me a PM with details, cheers. 
Thanks, i appreciate it.  Will PM you now.

Back