• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

That burning feeling...

Yeah, you've all had it at one time. Here you are in the kitchen (or garage in my case), whipping up a new batch of hot sauce without gloves. Your friend,wife,husband,buddy,pal says "Oh, you should wear gloves" but you ignore the advice citing your manlyness or womanlyness. An hour passes without incident, the sauce is finished and hands washed but that's when it strikes. The slowly building burning which turns into a pain from the depths of hell. The kind of burn cured only by alcohol and patience.

Today was my turn, the ride began with a testament of manlyness, cutting habaneros and datils effortlessly but I decided to kick it up a notch, I went straight to the top: Trinidad Scorpions, Indian Carbons, Bih Jolokias, Chocolate Bhuts. They came riding like the Four Horsemen, destroying all in their path.

Four hours later I am still twitching in pain, typing this is near agony...I put milk on my hands but it just boils away.

Time only time will stop that burning sensation, I was spraying my plant with pepper spray(white fly issues) and my hands and forarms up to my elbows got hosed. It took 24 hours till the burn went away....

Yah I had what PepperSam is talking about. I was dissecting some Bhut Jolokia and Naga Morich for seeds with my bare hands. I finished washed my hands and then went to take a shower, my face and other places started burning. Took at least 45 minutes to an hour to stop. It wasn't bad just extremely uncomfortable.

Well, here we are.20 hours later and pain free. I resorted to turning my bench fan on high, getting a bowl of water and putting my hands in water and in front of the fan until I fell asleep. Now I shop for gloves!

if you ever do it again , try rinsing your hands in mouthwash. keep it on for 30 seconds then rinse and repeat the process. then wash your hands. this works for me every time. wait till you get in the shower! that's gonna suck!

Back