• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

The Amarillo Twins

:welcome:

20150527_092753_zpsueyll6l9.jpg

20150528_102102_zps6isis3j9.jpg

20150527_155521_zpsz78zg5dq.jpg

20150609_153713_zpsfqtr8qnn.jpg

20150621_175634_zpsqyhucco5.jpg

20150627_141133_zpsqumf9nsf.jpg

20150629_110526_zpsekpftwnc.jpg

The tall one got stuck with the seed and grew fairly tall until I pulled it off. I have read plenty of negative reviews with growing twins but never from anyone who grew one. Seen plenty of success from people who actually grew them, they never seemed to "fight each other" like people say happens when two plants are grown close together in a small container.

Has anyone here ever grown anything like this with success? I love them  :cheers:

Mr. Moruga said:
:welcome:

The tall one got stuck with the seed and grew fairly tall until I pulled it off. I have read plenty of negative reviews with growing twins but never from anyone who grew one. Seen plenty of success from people who actually grew them, they never seemed to "fight each other" like people say happens when two plants are grown close together in a small container.

Has anyone here ever grown anything like this with success? I love them  :cheers:
Awwwe they are sweet.  Don't separate them, they will do just fine together.  I bought a bhut that turned out to be 2 bhuts and they are doing great with stems only 2cm apart.  

They'll do fine together, they just wont get as big, You might find they produce well for you. I have always found that doubles or slightly stressed plants often produce more pods. 

Bumper said:
Awwwe they are sweet.  Don't separate them, they will do just fine together.  I bought a bhut that turned out to be 2 bhuts and they are doing great with stems only 2cm apart.  

That's awesome! Do you by chance have a pic? This is exciting!

SL3 said:
They'll do fine together, they just wont get as big, You might find they produce well for you. I have always found that doubles or slightly stressed plants often produce more pods. 

Looking forward to that! From what I have seen, Amarillo plants can get quite big, I wonder how these will look. I put them in a 15 gallon to try give them as much room as possible!

Sure.  I just pruned them right back to make room for the new seedlings in the grow tent, but will take a picture for you tonight.  

Back