• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

The best Hot Peppers

For hot sauces, I love Bhut Jolokias.
For eating raw, Lemon Drops / Aji Limo. I add these to sandwiches.
For cooking, I love Ring of Fire cayenne. I've been using it to season curries, and it's pretty good even when raw (I generally go with the powdered kind when making curry).

I also grew orange habaneros this year, but I find them to be somewhat disappointing in terms of flavor. I really wanted to overwinter one of the plants, but they taste like low quality Aji Limos, so I doubt I'll be doing that. Next year, I'm going with the red habaneros from burpee instead of the standard orange ones, even though these are crazy prolific in my area.

I didn't grow Superhots this year but I did last year. I grew more Jalapenos and Anaheims this year because I love flavor.

But to answer your question, I like 7 pot Jonah's for absolute heat and to me they have better flavor than say a Trinidad Scorpion.

Also, I prefer the the taste of the many Caribbean chinense varieties, which are already very hot--two of my favorites are Harold's St. Bart and Caribbean Red.

Current plans are to grow Bhut Jalokia, Grenada Hot, Datil, and Harold's St. Bart for the 2011 grow season. There will also be some jalapenos, Anaheims, and Poblanos in the mix.

Back