• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

The best natural pest control: Wasp takes a Hornworm

So I just went out into the yard to check my plants and saw a wasp on my tomato seedling. Then I noticed it was wrestling with a hornworm.
I got a crappy cell phone video, but it's better than nothing. Nice to see natural pest control at work. :)

http://youtu.be/9t9T1-NBlCs

Like a boss!

there are lots of cool "animal takes on animal" videos on youtube. a couple that really freak me out are: preying mantis eats mouse and eagle throws goat off mountain.

Predator/prey shots are awesome. Especially when the prey is something that is munching on the garden.

there are lots of cool "animal takes on animal" videos on youtube. a couple that really freak me out are: preying mantis eats mouse and eagle throws goat off mountain.

Now those are two things I would have never thought possible. Must have been a huge praying mantis, a tiny mouse, or both.

Nature, she be a cruel mistress.

SDC10884.jpg

Eagle takes down wolf! The Mongal herders train golden eagles to attack wolves.

Back