food The Best of Simple

I don't remember  seeing this first time around but the pot roast / pepperoncini  mix sounds killer.    Almost enough to make up for the nightmares I will have seeing mayo on a jamon serrano sandie.   At least it was the fake stuff, the real stuff doesn't even make it between any kind of  bread device here.  Only occasionally at the height of summer it might wrap around a piece of Charentais or really good Musk melon.  I drive my wife crazy with my rules about what condiments can go with different types of meats.   a small example.    mustard with German or Hungarian salami  is ok, but on Italian style salami ,prosciutto di parma or serrano ham, definitely not.  No mayo with any kind of salami , parma or serrano,ok but not optimal  on porchetta .   mustard and or mayo ok on roast beef.   Mustard but not mayo on black forest Ham.    I won't even get started with which are allowed to have what kind of cheese (if any) and combos of other toppings. Needless to say she doesn't make many sandwiches for me, except the odd egg or tuna salad but honestly how can I trust a woman that I have seen make  peanut butter and cheddar cheese  on white bread sandwiches with something as important as condiment selection ???  lol 

Back