• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense The best tasting non-hot C.chinense ever - The Aji jobito

afr0n0me said:
Has anyone noticed on his facebook it says "His computer broke down and he doesn't have the money to fix it, all i have now is my phone"  that was posted on may12th 6:59pm

:think: hmm, Well thats a sign of hope

I talked to him in pm q bit before he disapeered. Seemed to be a decent guy that actually knew about peppers not just scam..
If his computer went down that might explain it.

hogleg said:

:think: hmm, Well thats a sign of hope

Two issues with that is.. If he can post on facebook by phone on may the 12th, why couldn't he respond to emails or post here.. Second is that shouldn't have stopped him from sending post parcels... as he would of already had the cash long before that.
juanitos said:
I talked to him in pm q bit before he disapeered. Seemed to be a decent guy that actually knew about peppers not just scam..
If his computer went down that might explain it.

I am not saying its a scam as everything looks legitimate from the surface.. Just seems suspicious =(

If his computer went down, and the orders are all on his computer, then the info could be lost or at the very least inaccessible.  His phone might not be a smart phone...

Maybe Joe Delaney can shed some light on this case. Lindberg says he and Joe are good friends (although Lindberg is not in Joes friend list...)

I have created an account to post my impression of the situation.  I sent money to Lindberg as I believed his offer was genuine, and I still believe it now.  I ordered and paid on 18th April and I have not had a delivery yet.  I noticed that he had logged in a posted an update here and I think this is his genuine attempt to warn us about the unexpected delays with the seed production/acquisition.  You can bet I have been waiting by my letterbox and keenly anticipating the arrival of these special and rare seeds.  I have not given up hope of them arriving.

I am not a facebook user and may never be one.  Could someone with English and Spanish language ability contact Lindberg to ascertain what the problem is, and if it is all due to a PC failure, to what extent has this derailed his project?

1. Has he been able to transfer money to his bank account, from Paypal?  I am aware his countries economy is in a very bad way.
2. Has he lost all of the emails and contact details?  These can easily be resent by us seed buyers to another address if needed.
3. Has this affected all/some of the buyers?  He may have successfully delivered some.
4. If packages have been sent, what method was used?
5. Get a current/temporary email address we can contact him at.

He might have lost access to THP/email/paypal  etc.  We need to see if we can help him if he is struggling with the situation.

I have faith in Figueroa :)

He seems to be able to get enough written into English that if someone posts his facebook in English he could either read it or have someone do it for him .. And facebook has a new auto translate option that you can click on to translate for you.

KrakenPeppers said:
He seems to be able to get enough written into English that if someone posts his facebook in English he could either read it or have someone do it for him .. And facebook has a new auto translate option that you can click on to translate for you.

I know he used online translation, as he mentioned it in an email.  I didn't know about the facebook translator.

Hawklord said:

I know he used online translation, as he mentioned it in an email.  I didn't know about the facebook translator.

Google always has one that's easy enough to use.. for normal emailing. Facebook is good so you can post back and forth quickly

KrakenPeppers said:

Google always has one that's easy enough to use.. for normal emailing. Facebook is good so you can post back and forth quickly

But my thinking was that if he has PC problems, he may not have web access at all.  We can't assume that he has a smartphone / blackberry.

Hawklord said:

But my thinking was that if he has PC problems, he may not have web access at all.  We can't assume that he has a smartphone / blackberry.
I wasn't talking about from his point of view.. I was just mentioning it as a general post..

I'm sure he will come through

Any phone that can facebook can also get email to my knowledge.  I don't facebook either, but I do feel better reading some of the recent responses in thread.  I have roughly 2-3 weeks to dispute this with paypal - the limit is 45 days and I paid shortly after Hawklord did.  I sent Lindbergh $25 USD for the seeds, figuring that even if it falls through I've wasted more dough on a lot of other hsit.  I knew the risk and made the choice to take it, mostly because Lindbergh seemed genuine to me.  His last post detailed waiting for seed, and parcel post might take 2-3 weeks.  Or so I (we) hope.  

And besides, all in all I've received far more than $25 worth of advice and free seeds and knowledge and care from the people of this community.  In the end it's all good.  :)  

Hawklord said:
I have created an account to post my impression of the situation.  I sent money to Lindberg as I believed his offer was genuine, and I still believe it now.  I ordered and paid on 18th April and I have not had a delivery yet.  I noticed that he had logged in a posted an update here and I think this is his genuine attempt to warn us about the unexpected delays with the seed production/acquisition.  You can bet I have been waiting by my letterbox and keenly anticipating the arrival of these special and rare seeds.  I have not given up hope of them arriving.

I am not a facebook user and may never be one.  Could someone with English and Spanish language ability contact Lindberg to ascertain what the problem is, and if it is all due to a PC failure, to what extent has this derailed his project?

1. Has he been able to transfer money to his bank account, from Paypal?  I am aware his countries economy is in a very bad way.
2. Has he lost all of the emails and contact details?  These can easily be resent by us seed buyers to another address if needed.
3. Has this affected all/some of the buyers?  He may have successfully delivered some.

He might have lost access to THP/email/paypal  etc.  We need to see if we can help him if he is struggling with the situation.

:welcome:  to THP from Northern California. I like your positive attitude  :clap:

Hawklord said:

HELLO AND WELCOME.I CERTAINLY HOPE YOU AND THE REST OF THE MEMBERS GET THE SEEDS ALL OF YOU ORDERED!

FWIW, Gmail is a free web based email service provided by Google. Any transaction details or emails aren't stored on his PC, and can be retrieved by logging in to Gmail from ANY device.

I wish all those with money down the best of luck and hope Lindberg comes good on his promise.

SR.

Real nice review. This pepper has certainly piqued my interest. I've had some Trinidad Perfume seeds lying around for a few years, I've just yet to sprout any. I need to get on that, but more importantly, I need to get hands on some of these seeds. I NEED EM

Rancor said:
Real nice review. This pepper has certainly piqued my interest. I've had some Trinidad Perfume seeds lying around for a few years, I've just yet to sprout any. I need to get on that, but more importantly, I need to get hands on some of these seeds. I NEED EM

Get in line punk!!!   LOL  Just kidding =P They do sound good

Back