• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

The BOC...

I usually post in my review thread or GLog, but this freakin thing deserved its own thread!

The Bottom line:  Amazing flavor, enough heat to satisfy even the biggest heat seekers. I have found my new favorite pepper.  A great choice if you are human.

On Heat. The BOC took a good two to two and a half minutes to build.  It immediately hit my tongue, really uncomfortably under it at first before spreading to the top and then the throat.  It had a nice coal throat burn, then started attacking the lips a bit.  I had some tingling on my fingers, but no real paralysis.  The burn lasted about 5 minutes at its greatest, but even now, 30 minutes later, my mouth still has a few hot spots.  

On Taste.  Amazingly fruity, bordering on unique.  I totally enjoyed this pepper, it had a few hints of floralness, but before that could really come out, it was all fruit.   Even as I was recovering and cooling down, it still tasted amazing.  

On Vigor and Production. Everything I have seen has shown that these are great producers and the pods are huge and blocky.  It is definitely orange, which is cool.  Not a lot of orange pods are actually orange, and instead just overripe yellow pods.  

Heat: T2
Flavor: T1
Production: T2

This pepper would in just about any pepper application you can think of.  Sauce, powder, fresh, sautéed, or pickled.  All of them would be awesome. This would also fit nicely for those who want to jump into sweet sauces.  

Awesome review Matt! Them BOC's had me strugglin with breakfast the other morning. I don't like the flavor or Bhuts, but this is an exceptionally good tasting pepper. GA Growhead grows some really nice healthy pods!

Nice work Matt. Flavour over heat every time, although it helps if they are damn hot too  :lol:

I haven`t tried one yet, but I`ve heard lots of good things.

:clap:
Awesome review and pics from one of my favorite THP reviewers, Matt.

Love the knife.
Spent half an hour looking at the SOG site.

If you need to unload some seeds, I guess I could take a few.

"Kid in a candy store".... it shows.

Happy Harvests.

Jamison said:
Awesome review Matt! Them BOC's had me strugglin with breakfast the other morning. I don't like the flavor or Bhuts, but this is an exceptionally good tasting pepper. GA Growhead grows some really nice healthy pods!
Thanks J!  They are pretty hot man, but that flavor really keeps me comin back!  I am not the biggest fan of bhuts in a raw applications, but this was WAAAAAY different.

Nigel said:
Nice work Matt. Flavour over heat every time, although it helps if they are damn hot too  :lol:

I haven`t tried one yet, but I`ve heard lots of good things.
Yea Nigel, love the flavor.  I am always lookin for some great heat, but every once in a while you come across a pod that tastes like this and it makes ya stop and think.

GA Growhead said:
Matt, Awesome review! For the record, i have four plants and they all produce similar pods, and loaded with them too. Quite prolific!
Super tasty pods!
Thanks!  Just driving the point home.  AWESOME pod!

GnomeGrown said:
:clap:
Awesome review and pics from one of my favorite THP reviewers, Matt.

Love the knife.
Spent half an hour looking at the SOG site.

If you need to unload some seeds, I guess I could take a few.

"Kid in a candy store".... it shows.

Happy Harvests.
LOL, I was just lookin for a knife before I deployed and picked it up at the local surplus store.  I think I paid like 90 or 100 for it.  It is definitely a good knife, but I do love my benchmade!  Shoot me a PM and ill send over these with those Monster Infinity seeds that you won :) 

These really need to be spelled "Bhut Örange Copenhagen".  (Members old enough to remember the late 1970s will know what I'm talking about; for the young folks, move on, it's just a cheap joke about old-people music.)

-NT

Back