• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce The Chilli Factory -- Fiery Frillneck Hiss -- Smokey Chilli Tomato Sauce

The Chilli Factory -- Fiery Frillneck Hiss -- Smokey Chilli Tomato Sauce

I recently purchased a bottle of this sauce and thought that I might share my thoughts on the product.

Heat: 4/10

Flavour: Tomato based sauce, so tomato-ey. Too much liquid smoke flavour for my liking.

I tried this on an omelette, bbq'd potatoes, and some lamb chops on the bbq as well. I gotta say, the heat may appeal to noobs, or the uninitiated.

The flavour, well, quite nice except it seems to be overpowered by too much liquid smoke. Not so great straight over bacon and eggs. As further suggested on their webpage, it would probably be good if toned down a bit, using it as an additive to chilli con carne to give a smokey flavour, or added to sour cream, but then the heat would be closer to 2/10, and the flavour maybe 5/10.

I guess that for me it was a poor purchase, as I didnt quite expect such a smokey flavour, it is also the first smokey sauce I have tried.

I would like to know what others think, and if they use it straight, or as an additive/marinade.

RS

I tried it, can't remember what the heat was like. One thing I found out though I don't like smoke flavoured sauce, I gave it away to someone who did. Some of their other products are great this one just didn't grab me.

Well, as I noted about a year ago, my base sauce for comparison is your DT jerk sauce mick, which I put at a 7.5 from memory... or my tolerance is waaay up.
-------

I was (still am!) hoping someone posts a wtf??? response, and that I really missed the point with this sauce. I think it may have merit in some circumstance.

RS

I think its a good safe cooking sauce not real great neat as you say RS but thats just my tastes as you say liquid smoke is a bit yucky when over done.
I had a bottle but I gave it to my brother.

thats an honest review from me.

Back