• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

condiment The Dutch Pantry "the Curse" salsa

Well, this was my first experience with a salsa made primarily from Bhut jolokias. The ingredients tended to focus on heat instead of taste unfortunately. Honestly, the best thing about this stuff was the Liability Release Form you receive with the jar. What part of ". . .this product can produce Nausea, Vomiting, Abdominal Pain and Burning Diarrhea. . ." should tell me, this may be painful. Believe me, it had heat but the taste was fairly extract-ish. Overall, thumbs down on this one folks... :eh:

Yours truly,

REDTAILFORESTER

Yeah, it was hot and I'm still feeling it in my belly almost 12 hours later. My issue was that it had heat, but the flavor was a bit lacking even for salsa...

Will let you know how the next 12 hours goes. . . :eek:

can you post a picture of the jar/bottle?

24 hour update - The Curse has earned its name. Maybe it was the combination of bhuts and habs in one product or maybe the Pennsylvania Dutch placed their own 'curse' on the salsa. My tummy says it's sorry. . . :mope:

24 hour update - The Curse has earned its name. Maybe it was the combination of bhuts and habs in one product or maybe the Pennsylvania Dutch placed their own 'curse' on the salsa. My tummy says it's sorry. . . :mope:
We are truly sorry your experience with our Curse Salsa wasn't what you had expected. When we initially made this salsa customers requested that we increase the intensity and make it hotter, so we started adding more Ghost Chili's to the salsa our experience with customer reviews was that the salsa was both flavorful and very intense on the heat scale. We are a very small operation with one person making and selling the products.

We are in the process of updating our products image for 2011 all our products are receiving an extensive review of packaging and labeling as well as nutritional values printed on each product packaging. We hope you will give our product a second try and if we can be of any further assistance please let us know. Customers will soon have the option to purchase our products online and we hope everyone gives our Curse Salsa a try.

Someone here had asked if you could provide a picture of the product while we do not currently have a photo of our jar we will show a picture of our new product label for reference.

Curse Salsa Image

No problem DP. I've been eating the salsa in small batches. Of course my complaints are only my personal preference and I'm sure you'll be fine.

Back