• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

The endorphin rush - how long does it last?

Title about says it... I've never had a noticeable endorphin rush from peppers. What's your experience, in terms of length? Or any comments on intensity.

I think it affects everybody in a differet way. I'm like you and have had little or no rush in my short testing history. When I ate the whole scorpion I remember a calm type feeling but it was very subtle. I know I was disappointed after hearing some reports about an amazing rush after eating the super hots. I do think it is proportional to the amount of discomfort you feel. If you have a very high tolerance I don't think you wil get much of a rush from anything. I think you really need to overload your senses for the body to flood you with endorphins. Just my 2 cents... Would love to hear other opinions.

Super hots have yet to give me a great rush, due to the high tolerance that I have developed. But I have experienced a major high from doing full table-spoons of Da Bomb Final Answer(extract 1.5m SHU), although the side effects will never be worth the few hours of floating.

I feel the endorphin rush when something is barely tolerable and garden fresh, it lasts a few hours and you are happy. I always have a whole fresh pod when I can :) it is a real pick-me-up and for me won't fail.

I have a low tolerance, so a just one orange habanero did it for me... and it was like being on a low dose of Vicodin and it lasted a few minutes (about 20 min.). But I never do it for the endorphins... I do it for the lip burn.

I take back my precious statement!!!
I felt the endorphins more than I felt them from habaneros this week! and the habanero rush is more like a natural high, energy release or adrenaline if you will, the love for fresh chillies, hot, flavourful and I rarely have them, so it's always a special occasion for me.

I had a bit of rice, few grams at most, with a seasoning called chocolate thunder, with all the superhots in it. I must have had a couple of grams of that powder on this rice. and I ate it. for fun.
I handled it pretty well, I must admit, I burnt a section of my tongue on the tip for about 30 or 40 minutes, and obviously my sense of taste was lowered for that time.
The endorphins, you basically get a really happy feeling overcome you and you feel much lighter in the head, this lasts about 15 minutes.

It is a great feeling, but it is not why I eat chillies. I'm always eating scorching food but this is the first time I have actually felt it, it must be to do with scorching superhots. Is it weird and un-natural? no. I would do it again, it would be a sure fire pick-me-up if you were in a crap mood. And this feeling poses no threat or danger on your body, unless you were doing weight training or something that requires a focused balance during the time of the endorphin rush.

You really don't know what your missing or how it actually feels until you feel the endorphin rush for real. :)

I get a great endorphin rush for a couple minutes when I heat a hab or anything hotter. It fades away for the next five minutes after that. The BEST part is that after the endorphin rush is gone I feel like I have a ton of energy. My mind works a lot clearer, I'm focused, my senses are sharper, and I'm ready to roll. It's like I drank a Red Bull and took an adderall. I've eaten a pepper before going to the bar and it makes the night very fun.

Eat a dozen hab poppers and I guarantee a buzz. Eat 20 and I guarantee stupidity. Been there done that. I might do it again.

I feel good after a good dose of hot peppers (thai or stronger), and it's usually at least for a few minutes.
I guess it's similar to what some experience after chocolate - ok, I like chocolate too, but only the really dark ones, properly made ones. So I've never got any good feel after eating any less than 65 % or so chocolate.

I do get a endorphin rush from eating super hots in a controllled situation, where you don't let the pain overcome the pleasure, to me its
like your head gets "light" (like drinking a beer sortof) but it goes away when the burn starts subsiding, so you gotta eat more to keep it going.
I have never had a rush with anything milder than a habanero.

I'm with ButchT...

but sometimes I feel no pain....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZF_IQg6-Mw

Hahaha AJ!
Is it sad that I have laid off of the hot stuff this winter JUST so I can experience the endorfins again this year? Lol
I probably experienced just a few rushes last year. ( Like when I had to call 911 for eating that one hot sauce.) But with peppers? Nah. Maybe I just need to eat more WHOLE pods.
I wonder if the endorfin rushes correlate directly with the AMOUNT of capsaicin you eat. Now THAT would be a fun project!

Back