The ends of the leaves wither , turn yellow and fall off

Hello,
I have a problem with my chili pepper peppers -  the ends of the leaves wither, turn yellow and fall off. What can be the reason? Peppers are in a growbox ( dimensions: length – 120cm, depth – 75cm, height – 140cm). As for the lighting I use LED bulbs 430lm 6500K 4,6W SMD2835 - 50 bulbs.
Below links to my growbox and cultivation:
http://chilihead.pl/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4119
http://chilihead.pl/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=4191
Thank you in advance for your help,
 Grzegorz

Hi Grzegorz and welcome! Nice grow setup too!!

I wish I had advice, but unfortunately I'm having the same issue. I moved my thriving plants indoors and about a month in they started turning brown and falling off. They get decent light all day long, I water them only when I see the leaves start to droop, and fertilize lightly with a 9-12-12 every 3 weeks or so. They have flowered and started producing fruit shortly after bringing them in, but I pinched off all the pods so they would focus on staying healthy. I do have an aphid problem that keeps coming back and I'm spraying with "Worry Free" as needed (a few times a week every other week).

Any one have any advice to help these guys get healthy?

You might try epsom salts or even cutting the business ends of a few packs of matches in the soil. How is the airflow? Mine were exhibiting similar problems, in addition to overwatering stress (they had been outside in containers since sprouting from seeds I tossed in there after cleaning store bought peppers, never expecting them to grow. When I moved them inside I might have also gotten overzealous with the ligts cause some of the leaves got VERY crispy. Running my ceiling fan on high 24/7 vastly improved the quality of all plants within a week.

None f my advice is scientific, just saying improved airflow and / or epsom salts helped out a lot. The nearly dead, stunted habanero plant in a poorly drained, too small pot, is producing nice fruits that are ripeing quickly.

JohnsMyName said:
Hi Grzegorz and welcome! Nice grow setup too!!

I wish I had advice, but unfortunately I'm having the same issue. I moved my thriving plants indoors and about a month in they started turning brown and falling off. They get decent light all day long, I water them only when I see the leaves start to droop, and fertilize lightly with a 9-12-12 every 3 weeks or so. They have flowered and started producing fruit shortly after bringing them in, but I pinched off all the pods so they would focus on staying healthy. I do have an aphid problem that keeps coming back and I'm spraying with "Worry Free" as needed (a few times a week every other week).

Any one have any advice to help these guys get healthy?

definitely need to get rid of the aphids , especially if your starting new plants . may have to throw those out .  are you trying to just o.w. them ?  if so only fert. once 1/2 way through winter , water just a little once a week . trim them back some .

Thanks MW!

Yes just trying to O.W. them, this is my first attempt. I can't seem to get rid of those damn aphids. I will be starting plants, but that's in the basement. How invasive/mobile are the aphids?

Redeemer - Thanks brother. I have no air accept a ceiling fan that's mostly on about 10 feet away. I'll try a small fan closer.

JohnsMyName said:
Thanks MW!

Yes just trying to O.W. them, this is my first attempt. I can't seem to get rid of those damn aphids. I will be starting plants, but that's in the basement. How invasive/mobile are the aphids?
very , my friend , really important to scope your plants thoroughly before bringing in .  heres my bstrain reaper perfecto !  south bay window , really good sun . just chills there 
IMG_0966.JPG

IMG_0933-2.JPG

gives me some nice pods , and best part truly isolated !    all i use is the ceiling fan . 

i'd toss them now , start a new bug free .  o.w. next year      :onfire:

Those are AWESOME! Not to hijack the OP but with my plant, My office window only gets a bit of morning sun so I have to use lights. There's nothing brand new in there and I suspect if one is diseased, they all are so there is no risk of cross contamination. They are all getting evicted once I plant my new seeds. I'm just trying to reap what I can before they die.

What Im seeing pictured and described sounds like a pH issue. What pH is the water youre using and are you balancing the water? The wrong pH will cause nutrient lockout/burn. If youre using tap water are you letting the water sit out overnight? Theres chlorine in most tap water that will evaporate if you let it sit overnight.

I used to grow tomatoes indoors and the first time I did it I had the exact same problem because I was using straight tap water. Once I started adjusting the pH of my water and let it sit out overnight for good measure, I stopped having issues. I would check the pH of your soil, and also the water youre using. I cant speak exactly for what pH would be optimal, but for tomato plants a soil pH of 6.5-7.0 was ideal.

You can get a pH kit from the aquarium section of a pet store, then to check the soil pH, water it, and then collect some of the runoff and test it. I didnt really bother with a digital tester, the tubes/dye was fine for me.

Back