• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

The ever evolving garden...

Yes, have been thinking about that.

Made a cracking Rogan Josh the other night, but replaced the chilli powder in the recipe with some of the Pusa Jwala peppers from the above pic.
God Damn it was nice, should have taken pics... but I was too busy stuffing myself to be bothered.
Plus I was a little disheartened as, after all the effort of getting the curry right, I turned the Basmati rice into mush due to overcooking.

Ya live, ya learn!

Hello all, hope everyone is well!

It has been pretty patchy this year in the chilli garden, mainly due to the weather here in the UK being unpredictable (I may have mentioned this before!)

Nearly all plants are very healthy, just seems to be slow growing! I still have only had 3 pods so far this year; The two from the small Fresno plant and one from an equally small Aji Limon.

Still, most of the overwintered plants are now full of fruit and nearly ripe, so it shouldn't be too long!

I only started two varieties off this year, some new Cayennes to replace the old ones I lost and some Scotch Bonnets from seeds recovered from the pods on the previous page.
I have given a few away and ended up with about 5 plants of each in varying sized pots and coming on very well indeed, I have only just started allowing them to flower now as I've been more interested in getting them established and sizeable!
Maybe a little late, especially for the Bonnets that are just setting fruit now, but I can finish them off indoors under lights if needs be.

Anyway, on with the pics!

First up is my first ever Scotch Bonnet!

ScotchBonnet1.jpg

And a few more on another plant.

ScotchBonnet2.jpg

No pods on my Cayenne yet, some flowers though;

CayenneFlo.jpg

And a bee getting stuck in to a Fresno

FresnoBee.jpg

Speaking of which, the overwintered Fresno from page 1.

Fresno-1.jpg

Next two are of another overwintered plant, it didn't flower last year and I am still unsure what it is exactly, some kind of Anuum, probably another Fresno.
Productive little thing anyway.

mysteryplant.jpg

mysteryplant2.jpg

Post comes in two parts, due to amount of pics!

Part two.

My Pizza Jalapeno is still going strong, overwintered for the second time and now my oldest chilli plant.

JalPods.jpg

Still produces the odd curly pepper again.

curlyjalapeno2.jpg

The biggest plant/producer of the year I think goes to this overwintered Aji Limon, pods seem to be purpling a little in response to cooler nights.

AjiLimon1.jpg

And last, but not least, is another overwintered plant from last year; The not Hungarian Hot Wax, that turned out to be some sort of bell pepper.
I probably should have made more of an effort to trim it back/trim roots etc but it just kind of got left and seems to have succumb to lethargy.
I know the feeling!

It hasn't grown much, seems pale and peaky and is producing strange fruit.

My fault I suppose, but I don't think this plant will see next summer :(

nothotwax.jpg

Hi guys, more pictures from the chilly UK chilli garden.

First up, I think I may owe this plant an apology... I have been labelling it as a mutant, and thinking it might not be well etc because I bought the seeds as Hungarian Hot Wax and it turned out like this;

Paprika.jpg

Paprika2.jpg

Clearly not a Hot Wax, but now I am thinking it is not a mutant either, but an Alma Paprika.

Can anyone verify this?
More pics on previous page.

Anyway, I now think it will see next summer and I need to stop getting ahead of myself!

On with the pictures!

Scotch Bonnets.
ScotchBonnet2-1.jpg

ScotchBonnet1-1.jpg

Fresno starting to ripen
Fresno2012.jpg

Aji Limon
AjiLimonplant-2012.jpg

AjiLimon2-2012.jpg

AjiLimon2012.jpg

AjiFlower.jpg

And todays pickings;

pickings.jpg

Till next time :)

Hi Guys and Gals,

Just thought I'd update with some end of season pics.
There are a few plants, notably my Scotch Bonnets and Cayennes, that still have fruit on them.
They are going to be finished indoors under a HPS light I think.

The rest are going to be potted down for the winter.

Pics;

My first Scotch Bonnet, sectioned in preparation for the pizza in went onto last night.
Am still paying the price for eating it!
SBsection.jpg

ScotchBonnets.jpg

Then some Fresnos.
First my standard Fresno;
FinalFresno2012.jpg

Then the one I call the "Bullet pheno"
BulletFresno.jpg

BulletFresno2.jpg

I let my Alma ripen red
FinalAlma2012.jpg

Loads more Aji Limon.
FinalAji2012.jpg

And some shots of what I took today;
finalchillicrop2012.jpg

finalcrop2012.jpg

Some Gardeners Delight cherry tomatoes aswell :)

Back