food =[ the failures ]=

I fail sometimes ...

We had bought a couple of cans of two-part, La Choy beef and bean sprouts or something like that in hopes of an occasional time-saver meal etc ... but it was disgusting ... the sprouts lacked all sense of wet/crunch - you know, like water chestnut - and the beef was chewy and slippery, not velvety ...

I crop-dusted it with JHP's Tri Thai and threw some fried onions on top ...

F1F3BDEC-6E29-4793-909A-C32F44DDE648-8963-00002115467C3528_zps705e656a.jpg

I took a photo because it was nasty, garbage can nasty.

3B299D1A-5E45-49E9-A68B-8CFAF1E2BD50-8963-000021153C7D2EFF_zps86a87bfc.jpg

Had to order a philly, delivered ...

939F0C04-854E-4BD7-A27C-D1AD98A87A45-8951-0000210FC0814ADC_zps215be844.jpg

#truestory

Feel free to post your failures here too!

Good idea for a thread. Wish you would have posted this thread yesterday before I burnt my pizza while tending to the crying baby.

yeah its ok man
i know that stuff is complete DOG VOMIT
it happen sometimes that something can be so bad that even hot sauce cant come to the resue

if you have ever seen the Steven King movie CHRISTINE, i like what Darnel said "YOU CAN POLISH A TURD"

one this for sure you wont do that again will ya?? i have had quite a few failures myself so im with ya man

thanks your friend Joe

Yeah that was probably one of those times where you have to eat the food even though it tastes like crap just because you used the powder on it.

Wish you would have posted this thread yesterday before I burnt my pizza while tending to the crying baby.

Don't you just give him a Hot Dog?

I have family in Wyoming that on occasion when asked what their having for dinner, the say "Chinese food".
and they are actually talking about that two part epoxy fish food crap. Yuk.
Your only failure was buying that shit in the first place! lol

oh, and putting gourmet powder on it. (That's like having Von Dutch paint ghost flames on your Pacer)

Wait, you bought a can that consisted of beef AND sprouts? Confused. Regardless, the FAIL comes in the "time saving" method of this dish. It should have been a fairly quick meal to prepare in the first place using fresh ingredients. Sorry about the powder loss, but this would have been one meal that strictly calls for Sirracha only, to me.

Love the thread. I've had my fair share of FAILS... so I feel your pain.

oh, and putting gourmet powder on it. (That's like having Von Dutch paint ghost flames on your Pacer)

School.

Wait, you bought a can that consisted of beef AND sprouts? Confused. Regardless, the FAIL comes in the "time saving" method of this dish. It should have been a fairly quick meal to prepare in the first place using fresh ingredients. Sorry about the powder loss, but this would have been one meal that strictly calls for Sirracha only, to me.

The two cans are joined by the plastic labeling to be sure ...

"chow"

[font=Lucida Grande']This term for food is a clipping of the older [/font]chow-chow[font=Lucida Grande'], a Chinese-English pidgin word of unknown origin meaning food or, in particular, a mixture or medley of foodstuffs.[/font]

[font=Lucida Grande']In 1857, the Viscountess Falkland, wife of the governor of Bombay, published a journal of her stay in India titled [/font]Chow-Chow[font=Lucida Grande']. The following January, the [/font]Bombay Quarterly Review [font=Lucida Grande']summed up the use of the term nicely in a review of her book:[/font]

The word chow-chow is suggestive, especially to the Indian reader, of a mixture of things, “good, bad, and indifferent,” of sweet little oranges and bits of bamboo stick, slices of sugar-cane and rinds of unripe fruit, all concocted together, and made upon the whole into a very tolerable confection…​

[font=Lucida Grande']By 1886 it was being clipped to simply chow.[/font]
[font=Lucida Grande']The name of the breed of dog appears as early as 1886 and is probably unrelated to the word for food. The name of the dog comes from the Chinese word for dog, kou (or gou in Pinyin). While apparently unrelated to the word for food, there is the possibility that the word for food comes from the mistaken belief that the Chinese used them as a source of meat, much like our hot dog gets its name from the jocular belief that sausages contained dog meat.[/font]

[font=Lucida Grande']Just sayin...[/font]

Alpha-Hydro, you aren't bad-mouthing hot dogs are you? :hell:

There are many stories about the origin of the term hot dog, most of them false. First, let’s start with what we know. The term for a sausage served on a bun got its start in college slang in the 1890s. The first known use of the term is in the Knoxville Journal (Tenn.) on 28 September 1893:

It was so cool last night that the appearance of overcoats was common...Even the weinerwurst men began preparing to get the “hot dogs” ready for sale Saturday night.[sup]1[/sup]​

The Yale Record of 19 Oct 1895 contains this sentence:

They contentedly munched hot dogs during the whole service.[sup]2[/sup]​

Two weeks earlier, on 5 October, that same paper recorded a poem, “Echoes From The Lunch Wagon”:

‘Tis dogs’ delight to bark and bite
Thus does the adage run.
But I delight to bite the dog
When placed inside the bun.[sup]3[/sup]​

The hot is obvious, but why dog? It is a reference to the alleged contents of the sausage. The idea that sausages were made using dog meat is an old one, going back to at least the mid-19th century. From Dennis Corcoran’s 1846 Pickings from the Portfolio:

New Orleans is a wery wile, wicious place: they kills men there with Bowie-knives and dogs with poisoned sassengers. They berries the former holesale in the swamp and retails the latter, tails and all, as sassenger meat.[sup]4[/sup]​

The term dog has been used as a synonym for sausage since at least 1891 when Farmer & Henley’s Slang And Its Analogues glosses it as university slang for sausage.[sup]5[/sup] And jokes about dog meat and sausages are many decades older than this.

I will not be participating in this thread, but I hope those who do enjoy it.

Failure is not option!

Jk, good idea gm! :)

note to self. never buy that.
i second that motion your honor, i dont even think a many beers would make this one ok, i have had this crap maybe twice in my life and i have not touched the stuff in a long long long time, and never plan to ever again, its one of those things that makes you mentally then physically wretch
its true Grant that if a man is wise he will learn from his or her mistakes and it looks like you have ;)

thanks your friend Joe

Back