• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

The first of many Pepper IDs.....

I planted several peppers last year and didn't label well. Here is one of the first that I need help with. It is a Burpee pepper. I took pictures of a few others but the pics didn't turn out well. Anyone know what this is?

PepperID011.jpg

Middle one looks like the leaves of a Hungarian Wax, pods not quite as elongated and height is shorter than a Hungarian, but it may be a Hungarian that didn't reach its full potential (leaves are a bit yellowed). Did you harvest alot from that middle plant or ate the pods that are on it the only ones that it produced? My Hungarians put out several harvests in my 4-month Pennsylvania grow season.

Those are the only two peppers it's ever made. I started it back in September of last year and it's been chilly the last couple months so it could very well be a stunted Hungarian Wax. It is pretty hot, comparable to a cayenne, maybe a little less. Tasty none the less. I've neglected ferts for a couple months because they've been in a makeshift greenhouse that hasn't been getting enough sunlight, so as long as they were alive I wasn't messing with them. Looking over the seed packs that I planted I think that's what it is. I've built me a nice new greenhouse now that gets tons of sunlight and this year maybe it'll really get to live up to it's potential.

Back