• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

The flavors of capsicum

I'd like to start a thread on the different flavors and/or aromas of different peppers. Examples would be fruity, nutty, citrus, lemony, orange etc. I want to get a catalog of them. So if you have the tongue or nose for it, what flavors/smells do you experience when you eat peppers and/or straight pepper sauces? Thanks!

BTW, I'm needing this information for an official experiment to be submitted to the National Genetic Resources Program. Germplasm Resources Information Network - (GRIN) so it will be helpful for all pepper growers and those making hot sauces in particular.

BTW, I'm needing this information for an official experiment to be submitted to the National Genetic Resources Program. Germplasm Resources Information Network - (GRIN) so it will be helpful for all pepper growers and those making hot sauces in particular.

could you elaborate on this experiment? sounds interesting.

I'm going to request a number of seeds to grow for the purpose of making pure strain fermented sauces. Then I'm going to get some small bottles and ask people from the forum to try them out and give a report of the flavors they taste in these sauces and then report them. If they find it presentable enough then they'll probably post it on their websites in connection with those particular peppers. Any for my proposal I would like to include a number of different flavors/smells that I'll be looking for.

Back