food The General Taco thread. All things taco.

Yum Hotdog water.... 

Stopped at one my favorite taco joints after grocery shopping. Burrito Parilla. Got the al pastor as usual. Was on point this evening. 

They serve two hotsauces with the meals. A habanero sauce that is lacking in flavor and that banging avacado salsa verde. I need to learn to make it just like that. Bright green, limey and a tad bit of heat. I'd make mine with some aji limon though. 

D3monic, looks like you got a good joint there!!! Nice!

texas blues said:
At least it won't be oven or mic'd quinoa like Jay.

Dude shaves with leftover microwaved hot dog water.

True story.
jayts_hot_dog_water.png

texas blues said:
D3.

Trompo?

Or did they flattop it?

Red onions are throwin' me.

Are those flour tort tillah's?

It's off the Trompo though this late at night it looked more like a toothpic of meat left on there, even had a tiny bit of pineapple still in a few bites.  I asked for cilantro and onions and they gave me the pickled red onions that are done up in lime and sour orange i'm assuming. Just like what you would get if you ordered cochinita.  I got mine on flour, wifey had corn with cheese n lettuce. 
The Hot Pepper said:

Those some hella photo shoppin skills big koolaid. 

D3monic said:

It's off the Trompo though this late at night it looked more like a toothpic of meat left on there, even had a tiny bit of pineapple still in a few bites.  I asked for cilantro and onions and they gave me the pickled red onions that are done up in lime and sour orange i'm assuming. Just like what you would get if you ordered cochinita.  I got mine on flour, wifey had corn with cheese n lettuce. 

Those some hella photo shoppin skills big koolaid. 

Pastor with lettuce?

Your wife did  that?

I'd be whoopin' out the divorce papers.

Even mrs. blues doesn't roll like that.

Far as Marcellus  Wallace goes..

I wouldn't mess with that guy.

It's in gringo with dinero central through there. They serve it with lettuce and cheese unless you ask for it right. She was flippin the bill so i'm not goin to argue with her. 

I regret not getting some red onion when I was at the store. Grabbed a big 6.4lb pork loin for $11 on sale and some cherry wood along with habs, serranos and pablanos for some smoke action this week. 

texas blues said:
Incoming!!!

Chopped onion, garlic, carrot, green onions, and 'peno's.

And a bigass Chinese cleaver.

Rockin' the griddle also with leftover 80/20 chuck and ancho/lime chile powder.

This pic is for Scovalingus.

Shredded Tilly' is mandatory on such tacos.

Still gettin' used to the new camera and newly installed track lighting in the kitchen.

Lotso' lime squeezin' n pleazin' all up in that 'thang.

Don't come knockin' on my door if you ain't a freak for tacos.

Here we have a saying when something can not be so

Culo que veo, culo que quiero!!!  it is my revenge :drooling:                (Sorry for tha bad pics)

Onion, green onion, garloc, sweet pepper and coriander

2015-03-27%252021.15.02.jpg

2015-03-27%252021.24.55.jpg

2015-03-27%252021.39.13.jpg

2015-03-27%252021.44.00.jpg

2015-03-27%252021.47.21.jpg

The perfect opportunity to open a bottle of high quality. One of the best wines I've tasted.

2015-03-27%252022.32.51.jpg

2015-03-27%252022.36.18.jpg

Back