• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

The herb garden(legal one) is thriving!!

Finally got the patio herb garden all in and looking good!!
Oregano
Greek Oregano
Lemon Thyme
English Thyme
boxwood Basil
Sweet Basil
Sage
Peppermint
Sweet Mint
Vining mint
Chervil
Savory
Garlic Chives
flat leaf parsely
prezzemolo giante d'italia parsley
cilantro
Gotta get the herb garden lush and plush... my grilling guy friends love to marinate with my fresh herbs!

**pics to follow**

Anxious to see those photos. This is my first year growing herbs (still indoors for the next 2 weeks). I am just growing sweet basil, parsely, and cilantro as these are my most-used herbs for grilling seafood, baking Italian dishes, and making fresh salsas. Happy growing.
-Mark

yes, well i am an i phone dork... just got one recently and have to figure out how to get the pics up on desktop to put them here. My herb garden is all in planter pots on the back patio this year.. and it smells diving out there with all of it's aromas. I love to make homemade salsa... all different sorts and surprise my friends or family with the HEAT...lol.

If you want to upload them directly from your phone I like imgur as a host and Imgupr as the app to upload them. Imgur is nice because it is free, there are no ads, and it scrubs the exif data from the photos. That means people can't find your GPS location from the pictures you upload. Loading them onto your computer first, then uploading them will give you slightly better quality, but you probably shouldn't worry about that.

Gotta love a good herb garden. It becomes a necessity when you like to cook.

I've got
lemon thyme
English Thyme
Sweet Basil
Globe basil
Rosemary
Sage
Mustard
Cilantro
Scallions
garlic chives
Wild chives
Savory
Parsley
Dill

I tried using a linen shoe organizer to grow them last year because I thought it would drain and breathe well, but it drained too well which meant I had to water it constantly, which led to mildew and it eventually rotted. So this year we tried again with a plastic organizer. Working so much better so far! Can't wait to see it full and spilling herbs from the pockets

8622778840_f83a49b182_b.jpg

I also like that I can see the roots and keep an eye on them

8622781074_d81ec67541_b.jpg

Update!

8705100320_343efe380c_b.jpg
\

And I repurposed and old fire pit I had and turned it into an herb garden too.... just thyme and chives so far. I'm finally having a little success at keeping thyme alive!

8703978403_be7fb232fd_b.jpg

HI Al... no that was in 2009. I just used a staple gun to attach garden fabric to the back side(to hold the soil in) and planted in the slots between the wood on pallet. We had it standing up , leaning on a brick wall... it grew very well vertically.

Back