• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

heat The hottest small pepper?

I'm still waiting on ripe yellow tepins. My plant was really slow to take off. Looked more like a skinny vine when I first planted it out.

OK, you guys got me interested too! My to go to little pepper is Pepper lover's Wild Chiltepin. I like to start new people out to see what they can handle and let them down one of these and see how they do. Those little things pack a punch for a couple of minutes. So, this orange wild Brazil sounds pretty good. Would anyone know how they compare with mine? How do they taste? That orange has to be pretty good. How about the yellows? I've never really experimented with these. Tom

cycadjungle said:
OK, you guys got me interested too! My to go to little pepper is Pepper lover's Wild Chiltepin. I like to start new people out to see what they can handle and let them down one of these and see how they do. Those little things pack a punch for a couple of minutes. So, this orange wild Brazil sounds pretty good. Would anyone know how they compare with mine? How do they taste? That orange has to be pretty good. How about the yellows? I've never really experimented with these. Tom

Pm sent

Datil said:
I don't know if it's the hottest but Naga Morich x Tabasco by JR will surely light you up :)

Datil

I grew a Tobasco x bhut pepper last year, it was an F3.  The peppers were still soft and mushy like Tobasco and didnt have much heat, I think it could have stood another recross to infuse more Bhut dna. 

The cross you have pictured looks dandy though, much better than what I grew, 

cheers

Buzzman19 said:

I grew a Tobasco x bhut pepper last year, it was an F3.  The peppers were still soft and mushy like Tobasco and didnt have much heat, I think it could have stood another recross to infuse more Bhut dna. 

The cross you have pictured looks dandy though, much better than what I grew, 

cheers
I know that there are various versions of this cross out there.
This one is almost stable (F6) and nice because is not too soft/juicy, much more like a mini-Naga. It brings that piercing frutescens burn and the Naga throat burn... Like chewing and swallowing knives LOL

Datil

Nagabon jolokia. Great flavor and heat.
149waht.jpg

One of the guys at work grew white habaneros that were the size of a jelly bean and disproportionately hot for the size....I'll see if he has more for a pic

Back