• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

The Infamous White Ghost (Bhut Jolokia White)

So I got these seeds from a member waaaaay last year and they are mothers to germinate, I only got 3 out of 12 to come up and out of those 3 only 1 survived, so I stuck it into the hydro bucket. It grew good and full but wouldnt set pods, dropped flowers constantly. I got so mad at it I trimmed it back to the main branch and trimmed all the roots back off the netpot.

Now here we are again 3 months later and it has recovered from my temper tantrum and is growing nice thick white roots into the water and the leaves are full...

IMG_0004-6.jpg

It is now under a 150w HPS light and I FINALLY got it to set a couple pods. They are mostly so small I cant get a very good picture of them but here is the largest of them. Please excuse the quality, the flash wont go off under the HPS and its quite bright...
WhiteGhost1_zps0846de71.jpg

I massacred it, literally and I was suprised it even lived. I took EVERYTHING off it just left about an inch of stem after the main split, no leaves at all. The main stem is about the size of a Big Crayola (for the real little kids). Now if it just keeps growing and the pod matures, we will see if the seed grew true or not.

I massacred it, literally and I was suprised it even lived. I took EVERYTHING off it just left about an inch of stem after the main split, no leaves at all. The main stem is about the size of a Big Crayola (for the real little kids). Now if it just keeps growing and the pod matures, we will see if the seed grew true or not.

I did the same thing to a ButchT plant that had bad fert burn last year. I chopped it down to a Y twig. The new growth expoded after I potted it up and it grew bushier and healthier then the older bigger ButchT I was growing. I hope all goes well for you as your plant responded well to its haircut.

Does anybody have a pic of a ripe white bhut? I have yet to see one other than Patrick's which isn't a white bhut at all ;)

Mine all turned red and look nothing like a bhut :rolleyes:

Does anybody have a pic of a ripe white bhut? I have yet to see one other than Patrick's which isn't a white bhut at all ;)

Mine all turned red and look nothing like a bhut :rolleyes:

Judy sells the seeds for them and I've had the privilege of trying them. They aren't pimply like red and yellow bhuts but they are in the ballpark for heat. I say ballpark because they aren't quite as hot, but do pack a bit of a punch. Taste is similar but quite mild.

Check her page: http://pepperlover.c...uemart&Itemid=1

I bought seeds last monthbut decided that I didn't have enough time to germ them and have them be productive for this year. Will do so next year.

I am currently growing 2 white bhuts from pepperlover.com. Had great germ rates with em and i plan to prune both. Right now they have about 4-5 sets of new leaves so im going to wait alittle while before pruning.

Back