• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

The Interesting Thread

The Green One has asked me to make an interesting thread, in response to Hillbilly's warnings, I have decided to tone it down a bit and post that....Slugs have up to 27,000 teeth....interesting....

Slugs have teeth?! That's something I never thought of.

In checking if it was true (I've been a victim of far too many internet legends) I found out they eat dog shit, that's pretty good.

Planting garlic is meant to keep them away from your plants too (that's my fact, not something I found out).

My fact is that you swap the nostril you breath through about every 4 hours.

some think we are sssssssssllllllooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwww but thats just not the case:-)
Slugs eat dog sh*t, unholy cow man.....we need lives:-)

That's not the point. Atoms wouldn't split themselves out of choice. Oil and coal would not dig themselves up out of choice. Sheep wouldn't.... well, perhaps we shouldn't go there.

It should be done BECAUSE IT IS THERE. There is no finer reason.

How's the weather by you, Green? f**ked up here. Cloud, sun, dark, cloud, light, all in 10 minutes. Can't make it's mind up. Cold, though.

Oh, by the way: slug teeth

Oh, well in that case I think they would say in slug speak "ARGH! It F***ing burns!!!"

Weather here's pretty typical autumn weather, dark, cloudy, not too cold though.

Here's another interesting thing - Banana Trees are actually herbs and they walk.

Pleasure :idea:

Banana is the common name used for herbaceous plants in the genus Musa, which because of their size and structure, are often mistaken for trees.

The life of a banana plantation is 25 years or longer, during which time the individual stools or planting sites may move slightly from their original positions as lateral rhizome formation dictates. Latin Americans sometimes comment that the plants are "walking" over time.

The fruits are really berries too

The term banana is applied to both the plant and its elongated fruit (technically a false berry)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banana

Sounds more like something my little Homunculus is working on. He has gotten, thru the use of electrical current and bleach, yound habs to perform rudimentary movement. I tell him to turn down the electicity below 30 amps as that is what is causing them to move, but he won't listen. He also states the peppers can speak a single syllable word before ceasing to exist. Once again, I tell him that the "Pop" he hears isn't an utterance by the pepper, it's the sound of it exploding.

Very good, Defcon.

That is the weirdest thing about bananas. I've never liked them. Any fruit/berry/vegetable thing that has a consistency like that has got to be suspicious. And now I know that they're wrong 'uns.

DEFCON Creator said:
Sounds more like something my little Homunculus is working on. He has gotten, thru the use of electrical current and bleach, yound habs to perform rudimentary movement. I tell him to turn down the electicity below 30 amps as that is what is causing them to move, but he won't listen. He also states the peppers can speak a single syllable word before ceasing to exist. Once again, I tell him that the "Pop" he hears isn't an utterance by the pepper, it's the sound of it exploding.
Those silly Homuculus's never learn.

I have banana trees in my front planter...they are huge!

Back