• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

The life of a Multicolored Jalapeño DWC - week by week

The life of a Multicolored Jalapeño DWC - week by week (seed from AjiJoe)

I will post pictures here, once a week, every monday, of this new fresh germinated seed. It is now 7 days since I planted it in a rockwool cube. Just for fun the crazy Greek Tomato will be pictured as well (soil grown) that is born on the same day

Week 1

PH: 6.0
PPM: 100
Light: 16/8
Av.temp: 22.5C
Height: 2.5cm rockwool -> nodecenter

10022594085_c027998295_b.jpg

The Crazy Greek Tomato

10022552894_a45c848ab2_b.jpg

I'll be watching
I'm trying to get into hydro too, would you mind posting a little bit about your setup for this plant?
And maybe some stuff like your PPM/TDS and pH when you post your weekly updates? 
Thanks

A week has gone and this is its current state: 

Week 2

PH: 6.0
PPM: 150
Light: 16/8
Av.temp: 22.0C
Height: 4.2cm rockwool -> nodecenter (1.7cm growth)

10136351143_126d24dcdd_b.jpg

The Crazy Greek Tomato

10136228635_33261deb00_b.jpg

SciurusDoomus said:
Followed. Maybe you can help me figure out where I went wrong with my DWC haha.

Maybe I make somewhat the same mistake my self? Im not expert on DWC, just started. But everything is growing. What happened to yours? 

NorwegianChili said:

Maybe I make somewhat the same mistake my self? Im not expert on DWC, just started. But everything is growing. What happened to yours? 
Roots just won't grow or turn brown and die when they do grow. Stem goes soft and then dies. Not too sure what's going on. Soil's my forte anyway.

Sounds like damping off what medium are you using? What is your water temperature? If your water temps are 75° or below sounds like you have root rot do you have plenty of air bubbling in the bucket? A description of your set up will help a lot.

Don't want to clutter up Norwegians thread but maybe start a thread and we can help.

Keith

Back