• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

breeding The local greenhouse 'pepper guy' who only buys his seed from his corporate source.. Because he wants to make sure they are 'true'.

I'm not going to name names, because they are 'friends'. I tried offering to produce isolated seed for him in exchange for store credit, given the small pile of cash he gets from me annually, but his vendor is obviously better. Here's one of the two 'Serrano' I got from his run this year. Yep, I bought it.. But I'm not buying it! Talk about giving someone the bird :lol: The other is the same.
20220706_092557.jpg

Not the first hybrids I've seen in his peppers.. Great source. The catalog was inches thick, forget the company name.

Anyone else have similar experiences?

Last edited:
Why angry? Truth is.. I wouldn't have bought a Serrano from him, but I had to have two of these. I'm a sucker for an interesting hybird :lol:

Taste and size are pretty similar to the African Birdeye I have, I'll have to compare when mine start to ripen. It was very hot and quite tasty... Well above what I know of the Serrano range. It'll be interesting to see if these are really a hybrid or if someone maybe mixed some seeds up.. Probably do that next year, as I'm too deep in this season.

I bit the end off, but obviously not typical Serrano size.. Some are definitely bigger than this.
20220711_130945.jpg

Last edited:
Back