• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

The Nada Naga experience

Pepper Belly said:
Maybe I will get lucky and produce fruit before the first frost.

Do you use a greenhouse or containers or anything?

If not, you could make a plastic cloche over the plants you want to keep going and extend your season by a few weeks.

I always cover the garden with old sheets and blankets for the first few frosts. I can usually keep things going until we have a hard freeze.

I've noticed that mine, once they start to turn orange, then BANG!, they are red and fully ripe...like the NEXT DAY!

Weird.

Still haven't tried one yet...but today is the day!

chuk hell said:
Still haven't tried one yet...but today is the day!

Get the first tasting on cam!!! :cool: Please give some feedback after trying. All my naga's are still bright green and they don't look like they'll ever ripen :(

I tried an immature pod first; it was starting to rippen with just a little orange streaking but mostly green. it was hot. Hot like an habanero but not brutal.

Then I tried a bit of a fully red ripe one and WOW. It took my breath away for a minute or two. Great flavor before the heat kicked my ass though. Fruity, but more delicate than a hab. Really nice though.

I may or may not post the pics. ;)

To be clear, I was tasting small slices of the pods, not whole chiles. I'm not as Macho/crazy/stupid as that!

I wonder if the main reason these peppers are so hot is because they take so long to ripen, hence they accumulate more heat

finally my bhuts are starting to ripen
p1110041ripegt3.jpg

lennyk said:
I wonder if the main reason these peppers are so hot is because they take so long to ripen, hence they accumulate more heat

I think anticipation is more likely the issue.

My Bhuts ripen at about the same speed as my other habs. It's the thick-fleshed varieties like the Sheepnose pimento and Almapaprika peppers that take forever.

Back