• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

The next level (for me)

OK, so I tried 3 new sauces recently... Mad Dog 357, Dave's Ghost Pepper, Mad Dog 357 Ghost Pepper.

For me, these are the 3 hottest I personally have ever tried. All are too hot for me to put directly on food, but are nice for adding to foods. I think I would not like to try anything hotter than these myself. In my unscientific opinion the regular Mad Dog 357 is the hottest of the three, although by the numbers Dave's is supposed to be the hottest. The two ghost pepper sauces are a toss up for me. Would others who tried these three agree?

:welcome:

i think all those sauces contain pepper extract, which has a unique flavor. There are many other sauces that are made with just chiles and other ingredients. Check out Heartbreaking Dawns, Puckerbutt (for chile purees and other sauces), CaJohns, check out some of the review threads for details about different sauces.

:welcome:

i think all those sauces contain pepper extract, which has a unique flavor. There are many other sauces that are made with just chiles and other ingredients. Check out Heartbreaking Dawns, Puckerbutt (for chile purees and other sauces), CaJohns, check out some of the review threads for details about different sauces.

I realize these have extracts, I am asking of the three which one others have found to be the hottest. I am saying that I think its the Mad Dog 357

I have tried Mad Dog 357. I picked up a bottle near Paducah, KY. I used just a little bit of it, and then used the rest to degrease my engine. [Actually, I gave the bottle away] That stuff is ridiculous. Don't get me wrong, I like heat... but I also like to taste my food, not just feel the heat. That and the extract always seems to give the sauce a bitter/metallic taste. I think that is why the others were suggesting non-extract sauces. They have a MUCH better flavor, and with the caliber of peppers we have now, you can still get plenty of fire in the sauce.

To each their own... obviously there is still a market for extract sauces, but I have gotten to the point where if I see 'pepper extract', or any of the other names they give it in the ingredients, it goes right back on the shelf.

To each their own... obviously there is still a market for extract sauces, but I have gotten to the point where if I see 'pepper extract', or any of the other names they give it in the ingredients, it goes right back on the shelf.

+1 This.

I have a bottle of Blair's MegaDeath in the fridge for when I want to clear some clogged pipes or slip on some food of that really annoying brother-in-law, but other than that, the only reason I have it around is for the cool key chain. And Blair's is one of the better tasting extract sauces. Some are downright horrible. I won't buy them anymore.

Try some "the ghost" sauce or some of the HBD ghost or scorpion sauces as well as many other brands that make really scalding sauces without that extract taste.

Try some "the ghost" sauce or some of the HBD ghost or scorpion sauces as well as many other brands that make really scalding sauces without that extract taste.

Understood, I have used the Ghost (I think this is made by Melinda's) and Tropical Pepper Co's Ghost and liked them both.

I never really got any replies to the original post as far as which was the hotest of the three, has anyone else tried these?

Back