The Official Happy Hour Thread

The Hot Pepper said:

No happy hours there? Food is often free as well. Drinks are cheap. There's people that know where the spots are every day and travel around weekly for free or cheap dinner! ;)
There are a few around, but not that sort of value. The usual is reduced price drinks (to $5 a pint) or a pizza and a beer for $10, two tacos and a can for $10 that sort of thing.  

That said, I am in Canberra, where half the town is public servants, and we seem to get screwed on food prices here compared to Sydney or Melbourne eats.  The cost of alcohol is largely due to the high taxes paid here.  

I forgot we have pizza bars here where you get a free 12" pizza with every drink you buy and they do it all the time, not happy hour. There's a few of them around. You can buy toppings for $1 so I'd get jalapenos for a $1 pie! 

grantmichaels said:

how much do you pay for trash collection?

and parking spots! ;)
Lol it is all relative.  

Apols OP for hijacking the thread.  Please continue with your pics of deliciously cheap tastiness!

Rudolph's BBQ in uptown Minneapolis has been one of my go-to happy hour joints for about 15 years. I used to live right around the corner from it. 2 for 1 beers and discounted apps 7 days a week.

BBQ brisket egg rolls - $3.75

My favorite thing to get there is rib tips. A whole big slab of them for $5.75. I thought I got a pic of them, but I must have not pushed the button long enough. :rolleyes: I will be back there soon though, and I will post a proper pic of the rib tips.

Wing night at Cowboy's in Circle Pines, MN. 20 wings for $ 5. Wifey and I order them naked with buffalo sauce on the side. Then we mix superhot powder into the sauce and dip.

That's more like it!

FIVE BUCKS!

I ate my 20, wife ate 10, and I got an order to go for lunch tomorrow ($2 charge for to-go orders).
That's 60 wings, and 7 good beers for under 50 bucks.

The best part?

BINGO!

Wife won $55 playing bingo, so it was free this time.

:cool:

:beer:

More wings!

This time at The Well in Coon Rapids, MN.

8 FULL wings and a tall Summit for just over $11. They are some damn good wings too!

I just love wing nights!  Good deal MM!  I have to get to my wing spot and take some pics for you.  It's Weds. I"ll try to get there.

Back