• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

the open pepper

One of my Panameño chilis (a version of hab) is completely open on the bottom, with the seeds showing, it's otherwise growing & developing fine. All the chilis on this bush have other chilis growing off them like tumors. Any ideas?

One of my Panameño chilis (a version of hab) is completely open on the bottom, with the seeds showing, it's otherwise growing & developing fine. All the chilis on this bush have other chilis growing off them like tumors. Any ideas?

How far and what direction are you from the nuclear plants in Japan??
Sorry, couldn't help myself.

I have no idea as I am a true noob to this...................

One of my Panameño chilis (a version of hab) is completely open on the bottom, with the seeds showing,
does it occur naturally or was it a worm's hole ?

it's otherwise growing & developing fine. All the chilis on this bush have other chilis growing off them like tumors.

pictures pls...

I've seen this happen before. Without seeing pictures, I would guess it is just some weird genetic fluke. I wouldn't worry too much about it and obviously DO NOT save seeds from that plant. If you can see small black spots or mushy areas, then it is a pathogen. Post some pictures when you have the chance.

Unfortunately my camera took a swim in the river, so no pics. It's got no rot or black spots at all, the ring of flesh around the opening is totally fine, (it looks natural, like it's supposed to grow like that) It does have the siamese twin syndrome 2 smaller chiles growing off of it, most of the chiles on this plant have that.

Unfortunately my camera took a swim in the river, so no pics. It's got no rot or black spots at all, the ring of flesh around the opening is totally fine, (it looks natural, like it's supposed to grow like that) It does have the siamese twin syndrome 2 smaller chiles growing off of it, most of the chiles on this plant have that.

Back