The Primo HPLC Testing Thread...By Baker's Peppers

Ok....

I have heard back from Mike over at SBL...

The test came back "inconclusive" on my Primo's!! Mike asked me to send in a "Dried Sample" to get a more accurate and conclusive SHU reading. So im going to dry some peppers, turn into powder and then submit that sample to Mike. I will keep everyone posted as to the results of the next test. Turns out the water % ratio that makes up a fresh pod really effects the testing....from my understanding of it now, it REALLY EXTREMELY effects the results when compared to a dried sample of the same peppers. So, like i said, a dried sample will be sent out ASAP! :D

Thanks everyone :)

Dale Jr

BakersPeppers said:
Ok....

I have heard back from Mike over at SBL...

The test came back "inconclusive" on my Primo's!! Mike asked me to send in a "Dried Sample" to get a more accurate and conclusive SHU reading. So im going to dry some peppers, turn into powder and then submit that sample to Mike. I will keep everyone posted as to the results of the next test. Turns out the water % ratio that makes up a fresh pod really effects the testing....from my understanding of it now, it REALLY EXTREMELY effects the results when compared to a dried sample of the same peppers. So, like i said, a dried sample will be sent out ASAP! :D

Thanks everyone :)

Dale Jr

Dale, I received the same result and request from the lab, today. I dried the rest of the sample that I took last week, so I already have dried pods ready to go out in the morning. Good luck again!

Hey everyone :)

I just wanted to update the thread with the progress as promised! :) I have the Primo's in the dehydrator as we speak! Slow drying them at 120 degrees F for 20 hours. Once dry, i will grind them into powder and take pics of the mailing out process......again :)

Keep it LOCKED right here folks!!

Dale Jr

Attachments

• CAM01378.jpg
    CAM01378.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 78
Very cool and good luck!  I'm excited to see how the growing climate impacts overall heat.  Moving from northern NM my Jalapeno, Hatch style green chiles, and serano's were way hotter then here in Austin or FL.  

Hey Dale, silly question... how many acres are you using to grow your peppers?

Id tell u my friend...but believe it or not there's people out there who would love to know exactly how much land i grow on...so it not public info...im sorry...proprietary reasons :)

Dale Jr
Also, no results email today...hopefully tomorrow :)

No worries :)

Back