The Reapers are setting on our Patio Plant

These images are of our Carolina Reaper plant that we have growing on our deck.
08_11_2014_0001b_zps1b80dfa0.jpg

The image below is the first pepper the plants actually set on. I've been taking pictures of this pod since July 13, when the petals fell off.
08_11_2014_0001a_zpsd3029c24.jpg

Not for sure yet on the video... My two sons and I tried a Red Brain Strain we had growing in our garden a couple of weeks ago, and done a video. The facial expressions were quite comical and the language a bit raunchy. It's so far the hottest pepper we've tried so far this summer.

Swampy_NZ said:
What size pot is she in?
Sorry for being so slow to answer you...18 gallon
dlsolo said:
What would you say the height of your Reaper plant is?  
Approx. 36 inches in the container. My deck rails are 30 inches and the plant is above the rail now. Sorry for such a slow reply.
sp33d said:
Man I wish my reaper would look like that...I got a bunk ass reaper this year from the nursery...
Started this one from seed we got from Ed Currie.
OneHighJedi said:
Great looking plant ;) .

Mines started making pods around the same time as yours. Wanna race?
Mine started turning two days ago, how's yours doing?

flyingpig said:
Sorry for being so slow to answer you...18 gallon

Approx. 36 inches in the container. My deck rails are 30 inches and the plant is above the rail now. Sorry for such a slow reply.

Started this one from seed we got from Ed Currie.

Mine started turning two days ago, how's yours doing?

In the last 2 weeks, the plant has already given off 15 ripe pods. Extreemely delicious, but tastes like 2-2.5 habaneros combined into one. I bleneded a reaper into a homemade bbq sauce, and holy shit did it hit! First time sweating from eating some chicken thighs with no extrea sauce haha.

OneHighJedi said:

In the last 2 weeks, the plant has already given off 15 ripe pods. Extreemely delicious, but tastes like 2-2.5 habaneros combined into one. I bleneded a reaper into a homemade bbq sauce, and holy shit did it hit! First time sweating from eating some chicken thighs with no extrea sauce haha.
So far we have picked a couple dozen and they are hot. My oldest son and I have made a Mango sauce and some Salsa out of the Reapers and it turned out great. I've put the Mango sauce on Ribs, Chicken and Grilled Hamburgers and it seems to go with everything giving it that extra heat with a little bit of sweet. We have a string hanging now drying some Reapers and Brain Strains. For a Brain Strain, Reaper pepper flake we plan to make.

Back