• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

The right height

Just wondering how tall you guys let your plants get before letting them flower and set fruit. Most of mine are about a foot tall now and im picking about three buds off a day. I was thinking letting them go at about a foot and a half to two feet, but im not sure. I just really want them to have a great start!

It's really up to you, for those people that do pinch off buds, the general consensus is 1.5 - 2 ft. Then others don't pinch at all and have great results. Either way it's more of a personal choice. There have been many threads started about this before.

Some plants grow tall and some don't. I wouldn't be as concerned with height as much as how wide and lush the plant is. I actually cut the top of my plants when they get around 12" so they can grow WIDE and not tall. A short busy plant will be more productive then a tall skinny one.

Some plants grow tall and some don't. I wouldn't be as concerned with height as much as how wide and lush the plant is. I actually cut the top of my plants when they get around 12" so they can grow WIDE and not tall. A short busy plant will be more productive then a tall skinny one.

As well do I! :D

I don't worry about it. The plant will flower when its ready, not when you think it is. If you give the plant adequate living conditions it should produce pods and grow no problem.

I don't worry about it. The plant will flower when its ready, not when you think it is. If you give the plant adequate living conditions it should produce pods and grow no problem.

Well i just trasplanted them out of pretty small pots into the ground so theu were pretty rootbound and just trying to produce. But i guess ill let them flower and just hope for the best!

Back