• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

"The Scovie Chronic-le"

I didn't quit!

Since a week before Thanksgiving, I came down with some shit. The week of Thanksgiving, I was on the couch chasing the dragon with Tylenol and Advil sleeping 20 minutes - 2 hours at a time. We cancelled our T-day plans and shit didn't get better. I thought I had Pink Eye.

Fuck No.

To make a long story short, I have been in Wenatchee most of the week undergoing laser surgeries. 5 total. I have what everyone knows as "Acute Angle Closure Glaucoma". duh. Apparently I am an anomaly. My Dr/Surgeoun has seen this condition before but never without cause. At that moment I considered telling her about the Whiskey I drink. It's a Canadian blend after all. That must be it, right?

Shit I feel beat up. I am home now and will feel better in the AM (also common knowledge, duh).

I hope all my THP family had a fantastic Thanksgiving, I will hopefully be able to look at a computer screen for longer than 5 minutes here soon and see some pictures. I know y'all do it up.

Cheers!

I went in Tuesday for a follow up and the holes she lasered had already begun to scar over. More lasering. The green laser takes off the surface of the Iris like making a a pork chop thinner. Then the red lazer is what actually drills the holes through the Iris so the fluid can drain. Well hopefully I won't have to go through that cycle a fourth time when I go back tomorrow for another follw up. I am hoping for some sort of "all clear" pun intended. LOL

She wants to do blood work to see what may have caused this in the first place so we'll see. My vision is still blurry but getting better. Thanks everyone for your kind words. Wish me luck tomorrow!

:cheers:

So far so good. We made it to Wenatchee and back without any lasering. I have 20/25 vision and my eye is looking much better according to Doc. I went to the lab and they took 9vials of blood and chest X-rays, looking for a possible cause. My next appointment is on the 18th so I get a week+ off. LOL. Still doing drops until then but they seem to be helping.

Yeah, very good news! I was at 20/20 and hopefully will be back to that. My left eye is like looking through a piece of saranwrap. Blurry but I can see and read some with it. Every day is a bit better but I am still taking 4 different drops 4 times a day, one of them is a dilator so it gets pretty bright at times.
I am very fortunate and grateful for such a great Ophthalmologist!

First pic is from two weeks ago, second pic is from yesterday.

43F7B3A8-6597-416B-9F61-8F85C20242BE.jpeg

A08E97EC-B802-4EE8-BE28-BE842E20D893.jpeg

Back