The Soup Thread

Now that Winter is here for us in the Northern Hemisphere it is time to eat some soup! So if there are other soup makers here let's see what you make and share us your recipe. I'll go first!

fu9h6e.jpg

This is called Sopa de Pollo which translates to soup of chicken. My wife is Peruvian so making good soup comes natural to her as some of the best soups that I know of are from Peru. Keep in mind I squeezed 1/2 of a lime and added 1/2 of one of my habanero peppers to my bowl. It is now making me sweat but the pepper of course is optional if you are not a pepper lover like me.

The recipe:
1 Chiken (
1 onion
2 cloves of garlic
2 tomatoes
1 green bell peper
1 carrot
a small package of green onions
1 potato. (big)
1 package of spaghetti.
leaves of basil
Corn ( as much as you want) cook them with the soup
Eggs ( as much as you want) cook them in another pan

Dont forget salt & black peper

First cut all the ingredients and make sure they are in small pices.
Then, in a pan fry all the ingredients,( except for the green onions) add the potatoes and corn let them cook, then add the spaghetti and when everything is ready add the green onions but dont let them cook too long. Finally put in a plate for soup the boil egg and add the soup. Add some lime and hot peper.

Enjoy.

A special thanks to my wife Nathaly for writing all that ;)

That looks really good. Can you clarify about how you cook the chicken? You pan fry it? Or do throw the chicken in after frying the vegetables and add water and simmer it? I think I'm going to make that this weekend.

Txclosetgrower said:
That looks really good. Can you clarify about how you cook the chicken? You pan fry it? Or do throw the chicken in after frying the vegetables and add water and simmer it? I think I'm going to make that this weekend.

It is indeed really good especially if you squeeze a 1/2 lime and add some hot pepper to it.

You add the chicken to the pot with the rest of the veggies and noodles.

Try it! The Peruvians really know how to make great soups!

Yeah the Peruvians sure know how to make a great dish. I have been known to gain 7-8 lbs in just 2 weeks when I have been there!

One that's been pureed, not chunks in broth. Think butternut squash.

Back