• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

The Trinidad Scorpion Bonchi Project

Jupiter said:
On Saturday I bonchified one of my Trinidad Moruga Scorpions. This one has more branches than the Chocolate Habanero so it should turn out to be a relatively different bonsai.

Chocolate Habanero:
IMG_1711.jpg

Trinidad Moruga Scorpion:
IMG_1712.jpg

who does the trimming for you?

Freddy Kruger :D

cheers, Al

sosl0w said:
Awesome looking plants!  I just started my own projects, have about 15 i'm going to do total. But so far ive only transferred 5 to pots. Here is one of them. I believe this is an Infinity.

1175730_10151709510024064_1418217842_n.jpg
that looks badass

That is seriously messed up and awesome! How'd you manage to get it to grow sideways and produce roots like that?

When the plant started out it ended up getting blown over slightly in a storm. As i tried to prop it back up it ultimate was still slanted and grew at an angle a bit and arched back up like that. So a crappy full size plant turned out to be a great Bonsai candidate. haha.

I dont know what I'm doing, and I dont like throwing out chili plants when I'm done with them, so I thought I'd give it a shot.
It was hydroponic, I dont know if it will survive the transplant to soil.
Not sure if I should chop off a couple more of those branches or not.

P1030980_zps7f678db0.jpg

I got another one going. Thought I'd do this one so there are gaps under some of the woody roots.
P1040006_zpsfbfe0d17.jpg

This was the root system before I chopped it all up.  
P1040003_zps8a7601be.jpg

My first attempt.  Relatively young plant which explains the skinny trunk.  It's a moruga

LZ68Pn9.jpg

hacked it up last night lol

im going on vacation for 2 weeks if my plants are alive when i get back, gunna bonchi them all so i can plant some again next summer already started

Back