• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

The unending stupidity (a true story)

There's a leak in the upstairs plumbing in the house that I rent. They had to tear out the ceiling below and one of the guys that lives here (Nick) fancies himself a "contractor", so he's been working on it a little. Except he has a broken leg, so he's enlisted the help of another tenant, Jesse. Jesse's from New Jersey - "How ya doin?"

Peering up at the shower pan from below, they figured they could fix the problem with caulk. Their diagnosis is highly suspect because of what came next.

They found an old tube of caulk that had hardened and Jesse suggested that it could be revived by putting it in the microwave oven for 20 - 30 seconds. Nick cautioned that "I think that's flammable"! Jesse said that any fire would be contained in the tube! Fortunately, Nick talked Jesse out of turning the microwave on (but not before Jesse actually put the tube in the microwave which is the point when I ran out of the room...I was making pizza listening to the two morons talk).

Now, let's consider:

1. A dried tube of caulk cannot be revived by heating. The stuff has changed chemically, and no amount of heat is going to put it back.

2. On every tube of caulk there are two metallic end pieces. I think we all know that if you put metal in a microwave, it sends out sparks. A tube of heated caulk just might release some flammable gasses that could, of course, be contained within the tube itself, but yet might be subjected to a shower of sparks, i.e a point of ignition.

3. A fire contained in a closed cylinder is how explosives work.

Think a stick of dynamite exploding in the microwave oven and spraying the inside of the kitchen with flaming debris and toxic chemicals.

imaguitargod said:
Think a stick of dynamite exploding in the microwave oven and spraying the inside of the kitchen with flaming debris and toxic chemicals.

Ooooh, it gives me that warm fuzzy feeling. Reminds me of home.

DevilDuck said:
Wholly crap...and these two were sober?
Yep completely sober. Stupidity is an ongoing problem. They don't inguage their brains at all.

marcosauces said:
i would start to look for a new place or new roomates mullet man..!!!
They'll leave sooner or later, it's a parade of tenants at that house.

imaguitargod said:

That would be soooo COOL! Look at the positive here. Small explosion that takes out the two morons AND you end up with a newly remodeled kitchen, and possibly a nice monetary settlement from the property owner for the pain and suffering that you endured due to seeing the two morons get blown to bits in yer kitchen while repairing his building! Problem solved....

[Rant]Let's look at the negatives. Two morons who have had their gene pool pissed in blow themselves up. Now we have a fire that leaves two intelligent people out on the street along with one person that is semi-intelligent because the landlord can't aforid to recreate a whole house that was built in the 1930's........ stupidity has a price and quite frankly the point of no tolerance has been reached and I'm going to flip out on these guys eventually....But that won't help because you are just helping them to be better stupid....[/Rant]
*Sigh....*

imaguitargod said:

And Pizza, presumably.

Just on the subject of chemicals, you guys heard about the ex-KGB guy over here who's been poisoned with thallium? Nasty stuff, apparently, but wiki had this information on it:

"In June 2004, 25 Russian soldiers earned Honorable Mention Darwin Awards after becoming ill from thallium exposure when they found a can of mysterious white powder in a rubbish dump on their base at Khabarovsk in the Russian Far East. Oblivious to the danger of misusing an unidentified white powder from a military dump site, the conscripts added it to tobacco, and used it as a substitute for talcum powder on their feet."

W... T... F... ?

Back