• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

The waiting begins....

My order of seeds from Chilliman arrived last night, via a mate travelling here on business. I got up with the sparrows and put some seeds on kitchen roll in containers & some straight in potting mix in pots.

Bhut Jolokia
Trini Scorps
Naga Morich
7-Pod Yellow
Dorset Naga
Fatalii

:)

Thanks mate. I will update with pics when I have something worth taking pics of.

I forgot to add, I gave Chilliman the wrong post code on the shipping address; they still made it to their destination. The distance between the right & wrong post code is a couple of hundred miles...either a smart postie or just good luck.

Your in for a real treat, Nice, SC

A man once grew all of them at the same time. Happiness followed and many people were put in their place in the process. They say his name was JayT but thats a falsehood, twas fat head. You are not going to be dissapointed with that selection.

Thanks guys. I am reckoning on 14-30 days before I little seedlings, :dance: Having said that, the outside temp is 80-90F.

Q; the tap water here is not good - for human consumption. We drink mineral water. Is there any way I can tell if the tap water will be bad to use & is the mineral water going to be ok to use?

The seeds have been in the pots for less than 12 hours & i have already checked for hooks. My wife reckons I have a problem. :rofl:

Thanks guys. I am reckoning on 14-30 days before I little seedlings, :dance: Having said that, the outside temp is 80-90F.

Q; the tap water here is not good - for human consumption. We drink mineral water. Is there any way I can tell if the tap water will be bad to use & is the mineral water going to be ok to use? Just my ttthoughts but If I won't drink it, I woudn't give it to mya babies :lol: Mineral water is fine, you are what you eat: lol
The seeds have been in the pots for less than 12 hours & i have already checked for hooks. My wife reckons I have a problem. You Do just like the rest of us. :rofl:

Ssssorry for the ssstudder.

Today is day 10.

Trini Scorps 8 out of 8 have sprouted.
Bhut Jolokia 7 out of 8
Fatalii 5 out of 8
Naga Morich 3 out of 8
Dorset Naga 2 out of 8 - just the beginnings of the hooks showing
7 Pod yellow 1 out of 4 - on kitchen roll.

The temp on the patio is 78-87f night/day, seems to be about right as these puppies sprouted earlier than i expected. I will try to post some pics at the weekend. :)

Bit of an update & a couple of pics. All planted on 20th March. The only 7 pod yellow i had sprouting on kitchen roll has been planted out prematurely as the root was pointing almost straight up. Not a bad thing usually :eek:

Left 2 = Trini scorps, top & mid left = Fataliis, bottom mid = Dorset Naga, RH top = Bhut J, middle = Dorset Naga & bottom right = Naga Morich
dsc1151v.jpg

dsc1152kl.jpg

Five weeks in & here is the progress. I had least success with the 7 pod yellows 3 from 10 & they are by far the smallest of my superhots.

The tray in the foreground is full of Trini Perfumes & Trini Pimentos.

My link

My link

My link

Plants look great. if your tap water is bad let it set in a bucket or drum for 2-3 days then use it on your plants, you can also add a small pump and stone to help degas the water. great luck on your grow

Plants look great. if your tap water is bad let it set in a bucket or drum for 2-3 days then use it on your plants, you can also add a small pump and stone to help degas the water. great luck on your grow

I will give that a whirl.I wonder how long it takes for mosquito wrigglies to get going?

Back