• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

The weather (LOL) in vegas

So.... Yesterday was 102 and we had 20-30mph wind with gust around 50 where I live. I got up this morning, my new shade cover
was broken and laying in my garden. It broke two of my biggest plants off halfway,and I'm wondering if they'll make it? It's not bad enough
with the heat we have to have freakin' wind every damn day? Why would anyone do this to themselves? I guess I'm an addict Lol.
Us chiliheads are a crazy bunch aren't we!! Long live the King and our peppers! Thank ya vury much. Well it's off to work time talk to
ya later.

Okay, I'm not going to complain about the Pacific NorthWest weather anymore.
Your broken off plants should rebound if there are still nodes on the trunk for
new growth to emerge from. Just trim the broken parts neatly and let 'em do their thing.

I lived in the big dry ditch for almost 4 years. Once the recession hit and construction crapped the bed, we split for Texas. I don't miss a damn 'thang about 100+ temps every day for almost 4 months of the year. I remember one day it got up to 123f. Had a slew of pequin, hab, and 'peno plants. The heat wasn't so bad on 'em, but the sun sure gave 'em a beating, the wind too. I finally smartened up and moved them all to a protected side of the house away from the wind and into a spot that only had broken sunlight under a tree. The plants loved it. The heat, sun, and wind definitely are none too kind to growing stuff in the big dry ditch, then again, it is a dadgum desert after all.

Stay away from Wayne Newtons house. He's a vampire.

I lived in the big dry ditch for almost 4 years. Once the recession hit and construction crapped the bed, we split for Texas. I don't miss a damn 'thang about 100+ temps every day for almost 4 months of the year. I remember one day it got up to 123f. Had a slew of pequin, hab, and 'peno plants. The heat wasn't so bad on 'em, but the sun sure gave 'em a beating, the wind too. I finally smartened up and moved them all to a protected side of the house away from the wind and into a spot that only had broken sunlight under a tree. The plants loved it. The heat, sun, and wind definitely are none too kind to growing stuff in the big dry ditch, then again, it is a dadgum desert after all.

Stay away from Wayne Newtons house. He's a vampire.
Yeah I hear ya. I'm a union carpenter (local 1977) and haven't had any work from them 2yrs. now, went to work in the local hardware store here in boulder city. And here I thought I was the only one who knew about Mr. newton lol. Take care and good gardenin' to ya, Emon :twisted:

Okay, I'm not going to complain about the Pacific NorthWest weather anymore.
Your broken off plants should rebound if there are still nodes on the trunk for
new growth to emerge from. Just trim the broken parts neatly and let 'em do their thing.
Thanks, yeah they still have some nodes on em' have to do that.

Back