spirits The Whisky Thread

Some Basil Hayden's (Neat) this afternoon. This is the lightest bodied Bourdon I've had to date, very tasty, I like. :D

Cheers!

For those of you who love Islay malts and peat reek like I do...you must try Octomore. I just opened a bottle of Octomore 3 and I am still have the finish on my palate after 20 minutes. At a whopping 152 PPM phenolic levels there is nothing close to it. Even the Ardbeg Supernova is only 100 PPM. Jim McEwen is the genuis distiller on Islay, and I chalk up Jim's mastery to being a native Ileach. He simply understands the water, land, and sea. His new "Ugly Betty" Lomand still is being installed and his new Islay "Botanist" Gin is fantastic with Tomr's tonic , soda and Mexican Limons.

Some JD Single Barrel and Alice

Alice Cooper - Love It To Death (1971 Original Pressing) (Thumb) - Straight Records VG++
IMG_2161.jpg

Cheers!

Well, this afternoon, sipping on some Wild Turkey Rare Breed (neat). This is definitely a keeper, I'm very happy we can get this here in Utah, very very nice indeed. Also, listening to some Widespread Panic "Tunes For Tot's" 3 CD set. :D

Cheers!

I've been doing 'fly in fly out' work in the Mines in the middle of nowhere making pretty good money so I decided to buy a nice liitle something for myself!!

I got a bottle of 30 year old Macallen :D

I haven't had the courage to open yet but i'm getting there.....I'm sure if I sniff hard enough I can draw out some of the smell past the cork haha

This afternoon having some Evan Williams Single Barrel Vintage 2001 with some ginger ale on the rocks, and listening to some Jefferson Airplane.

Cheers!

I am really interested in that 30 yr Macallan. Right now my collection is 12, 18, and 21 yr old Glenlivets. The 12 yr old Glenfiddich which is pretty good. I also am a big fan of the fine oak series of Macallan including the 10 and 15 yr. Recently acquired one of the Glenmorangie and Dalmore bottles. Good stuff. Glad to find this thread on here also. Cheers

Matt, it seems we have several tastes in common. Someone must like you but there is one question that must be asked,

Neat or on the rocks?

:cool: Bill

Bourbon and branchwater... why would you numb your tastebuds with ice when you can do it with likker... and adding a little water unlocks the flavor as well as ironing out the rough spots.

Time to ressurect this thread. 

Two bottles of winter warmer just arrived.  Sites for reference, after a sampling of each I don't trust my photography skills with a crappy iPhone.  

An Ardbeg corryvreckan single malt

https://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/P-10767.aspx

and a Glenfarclas 15 year single malt.  

https://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/P-2038.aspx

With my bottle of Eagle Rare 10 year old bourbon I am set for winter.  

Happy, warming, tipsy days…  ;)

Nice bump, bumper ;)

I'm currently in love with Elmer T Lee; excellent single barrel bourbon whiskey from the Buffalo Trace distillery.  Usually able to find it for around $30 USD which is a great price for such a good whiskey.  Try it sometime!

Ive drank my share of buffalo. 

Im on a beam kick,have been for a while. Its cheap and realible.

Who wants to drink up bumps stash?

Back