• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

TheAlaskans peppers and stuffs

well howdy there guys :D

I know all my other grow logs I failed to keep up with and update and include pictures.... BUT! I got a new phone and I can upload stuff on photo bucket!! so I can include many pictures and stuff for this now :)

my grow list for this is gonna be figured out tonight, gotta give it some serious thought you know? all I know is yellow bhut and bhut and butch t scorp is on my list for sure.

well it's a phone camera so the pics aren't gonna be high quality and stuff so for future regards, sorry. hope you guys enjoy seeing my plants in this!

Looking forward to the pics and info. One of my favorite peppers is the Ahi Lemon, which is also a great producing plant.

alright guys, I figured out what I wanna start first! another grow list will be coming in a while, just starting these seeds before I do anything else, make sense to me so I can keep track.

Pepper Plant List:

Sugar Bannaana
Yellow Bhut
Peach Habanero
Orange regular Habanero
Purple Glow in Dark
Carribean Red Pepper
Explosive Ember
Brain Strain
Trinidad Scorpion
Tobasco
Heirloom Florida Cayenne
Georgia Flame
Fatalii
Rainforest Trifoliage
Butch T Scorpion
Naga Jolokia PC-1
Aurora
Jamaican Yellow Scotch Bonnet
Jamaican Red Scotch Bonnet
Yellow Cayenne
Douglah 7 Pod Chocolate
Red 7 Pot
Chocolate Habanero
Black Prince
Red Congo
Naga Jolokia
Pretty Purple
Yellow 7 Pod
Numex Twilight
Datil
Black Hungarian
Yellow Rocoto
Variegated Striped Hot
Bih Jolokia
Antilles
Aji Limon
Peruvian White Habanero
Royal Black
Bhut Jolokia Carbon
Purira

NonPepper List:
Zahara "Starlight Rose"
Black Peony Poppy
Farewell to Spring
Pussytoes
Sacred Japanese Cedar
Monarch's Velvet
Cotoneaster Horizantalis
Giant Grenadilla
Japanese Black Pine
Desert Rose
Ponytail Palm
Dwarf Lily of the Nile
Stevia
Milk Thistle
Dwarf Arabica Coffee
Ponderosa Pine
Strawberry Fragissimo
Chinese Wisteria
Colorado Blue Spruce
Joshua Tree
Black Dragon Coleus
Jimsonweed
Corncockle
Peppermint
Korean Hornbeam
Alpine Strawberry
Cucumber

seems like a pretty good list, not going to try germinate them all at same time or I will definitely forget what was what, so I will do abuit 10 different kinds each time so I can keep track of what I'm planting and germinating.

hope you guys like the seeds I picked out :D

Holy Cow, You are going to need half of the island to grow all that stuff. Great list, best of luck with it. please keep us all posted

hey guys, sorry for not updating or anything, but I finally got around to picking seeds I'm going to start, I even got my poor mans humidity dome germinater put together :D

the seeds I'm going to try start is Congo Black Chocolate Habanero, Purple Tiger, Jamaican Yellow Scotch Bonnet, Royal Black, Yellow Rocoto and finally Bih Jolokia.

may not be the whole list, but like I said, I'm going to do batches at a time so I don't get confused on what's what and reduce the confusion lol.

will show pictures of them it in a bit after I upload, so next post is going to be my dome and seeds in it. Enjoy!

2011-08-18095627.jpg

2011-08-18095634.jpg

2011-08-18095703.jpg

here's the pics :D I'll let ya guys know how the seeds go when they starts to germinate, so stay tuned guys! and gals ;)

and the bad pic quality cuz I took it with my phone...

I'm happy! all my seeds in my dome showed you for the rocoto and what not I got them all to germinate!! some took a few days longer then others but most germinated within 4 days!!!! hopefully I can get plenty of pods from my plants :)

where did you buy that isolated box thing with the heater?

lol it's not a isolated box with a heater, it's just a regular box thing I bought that was like a Mexican food buffet thing that had all kinds of stuff to eat, was all frozen but you get the idea, and no heater in it at all, only heat it's getting is from the grow light and heat from the house, it's like a poor man's humidity dome for germination I think is what it can be called, you get the idea... lol

Nice work on the germinaton bro! What medium do you plan to use for potting those puppies up?

was thinking of trying out some hydro cups that I saw from omri's pics of his plants but almost all and probably all of them are going to be soil, not sure about updating my grow log in future months however, around December area and next year first few months, might be going away from my island and going to a different school for a semester. but hopefully in my cuzins care I can get some good plants if her damn cat don't eat the plants....

update:

I got all my seeds from my first small batch of seeds to germinate! so happy :D I got a green thumb kind of, well might be green cuz it got bruised... lol I jokes

but I am gonna put them all up into small plastic cups and might give me cuz a 1 of the ornamental plants if I feel like being nice and letting her see awesome black leaves on them when they are in sunlight instead of artificial lights.... but yep I like my method of germination with the box, always 100% every time even if the seeds are old ie. some are 1-2+ years old. they all look good and happy, but hopefully they don't go into shock from potting up cuz if they do at that small size they might kick the bucket and go to the great garden in the sky... lol

sorry for the long time of not updating or posting, but I have saddening news, all my rocotos are dead!!!! :( other ones are doing good, getting ready to start some more seeds, I just wish my rocotos were still going, the stems just started shriveling up at the base

Holy thunder....thats quite a list, good for you....and I like the non pepper list, you've got a big job ahead of you with the various germinating times........chart the progress, it makes it easier in the long run.....good luck and keep us posted

That's quite a list for Alaska... got a nuke plant to run that? LOL...Ever try Bishops Crown, I'm Orlando, and obviously there's a difference, but they were the fastest for me this year, once the temps got to below the surface of the sun... I'll send ya some seed if ya wanna try it out...

Holy thunder....thats quite a list, good for you....and I like the non pepper list, you've got a big job ahead of you with the various germinating times........chart the progress, it makes it easier in the long run.....good luck and keep us posted

lol yea, I always make sure I know how many seeds I plan to start so I can see what germinated and what didnt go so well so I can try fix the problem and get 100% germ rate, how'd your year go?

That's quite a list for Alaska... got a nuke plant to run that? LOL...Ever try Bishops Crown, I'm Orlando, and obviously there's a difference, but they were the fastest for me this year, once the temps got to below the surface of the sun... I'll send ya some seed if ya wanna try it out...

lol I have never heard of that before actually, I heard of St. Bernard? I think it was, but I'm not sure about hearing of that either lol, and sure! lol I'm open to new things to try :D lol oh man, if I was in Orlando I would have my house and yard and back yard filled all the way with plants, lol it would be so many pods.

I could have sworn you were going to grow nagapeno's as well?

lol I definitely am :D I will add it to my list soon and they're definitely gonna be ones I'm gonna germinate after I get them :D

lol yea, I always make sure I know how many seeds I plan to start so I can see what germinated and what didnt go so well so I can try fix the problem and get 100% germ rate, how'd your year go?

Thanks for asking, the year has gone pretty well, although the weathers starting to change for the worst, 3 days of rain and now,...I just looked out my window and was watching the 50 mile an hour winds whipping everything around.
This weekend starts the clean-up with all the tomato and cuke plants. Not one of my favorite chores, next week I can choice which pepper plants to overwinter or to clone from, thats a cool process.
A couple more weeks and its all over for the year, except for the pickling and sauce making.
Have fun with your start-up.............va-room!

Greg

hmm... it seems like I am never gonna be able to remember to update this grow log... wish it could update itself sometimes, my plants are doing ok, I haven't gotten around to making a new batch of seeds to germinate yet, will do that after I rearrange my grow room and try make more room. wish me luck

Back